Re: I'd appreciate some help in understanding how posts propagate.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-03-23, ~BD~ <> wrote:

    [...]

    > I have a suspicion that there is going to be a simple explanation of why
    > one group shows just one subject heading of this name whereas it is
    > different in *this* group - there are two of the same name. I have never
    > noticed this phenomenon before.
    >
    > Enlightenment respectfully requested! :)
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    Examine the References headers of the articles concerned. They are used
    by newsreader software to 'thread'. No software can thread an article as
    a response to an earlier article whose Message-ID is *not* in its
    References header. As already suggested by others in this thread, an
    alternative to 'threading' is 'sort by subject and date', which ignores
    the References headers.

    It's also usual not to show articles in groups to which they are not
    posted.

    This has nothing to do with 'propagation'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 24, 2010

  2. Whiskers

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Leythos has it spot on describing you as everyone else you moron and a piece of
    stinking cretin

    Peter Foldes, Mar 25, 2010

  3. Whiskers

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:27:26 -0400, Manatee Memories wrote:

    > *If* you were to actually be seen replying to some particular post
    > (instead of, essentially, "wiping" the Message-body window), I'd
    > consider there *might* be some hope for you.

    But most of the time the sto0pid fucker top-posts in such away that all
    the text from the previous post becomes part of his sig-file.

    Aardvark, Mar 25, 2010