Re: Icy Box 3.5" USB Enclosure Problems (XP)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Lady Chatterly, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. In article <> kadickless <> wrote:

    >Let me ask you some really stupid questions...

    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask
    remains a fool forever.

    >Does the device show up in Device Manager? Does the device show up in Disk
    >Manager? And has it been assigned a drive letter in Disk Manager? If the
    >device does show up in Device Manager, has it been correctly identified as a
    >device with the same name as indicated in the instruction manual? For
    >example.

    And has it been assigned a drive letter in disk manager.

    >Some more really stupid questions that I'm inclined to ask, include...

    Why does it make you curious to be inclined to ask?

    >Did you just plug the device in without following the instruction manual?
    >Does the instruction manual tell you not to plug the device in before
    >don't need at all because everything else is working fine? Does the
    >instruction manual explicitly tell you to cancel XP's auto-installation
    >wizard and clearly instruct you to do something else instead? For example.

    For example.

    >If and when you get around to dealing with those really stupid questions, I
    >have some more questions that you will find unbearably stupid. Like, what
    >the **** do you think manufacturers write manuals and create driver CD's
    >for, you stupid ****? For example.

    Will you say more about your dreams?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Note that "Lady Chatterly" (or rather, her programmer) has made a
    special point of including your comments about both the AHM regs in
    general and Meat->Plow in particular in her quote compendium." --
    Pinku Sensei
    Lady Chatterly, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Lady Chatterly

    Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly wrote:

    > He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
    > a fool forever.

    Well, everyone, probably.

    > Why does it make you curious to be inclined to ask?

    Who knows? Who cares?

    > For example.

    Is that all you think about, is sex?

    > Will you say more about your dreams?