Re: Icy Box 3.5" USB Enclosure Problems (XP)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Lady Chatterly, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. In article <> kadickless <> wrote:

    >Fred wrote:
    >> "***JB" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have just purchased a new Icy Box 3.5" USB Hard Disk Enclosure from
    >>> aria.co.uk along with a new 160Gb Maxtor HDD.
    >>>
    >>> I have set up the drive & followed the instructions however although
    >>> the HDD itself is visibly running & audible. Thee new drive isn't
    >>> recognised automatically by Windows XP Pro, although it does make
    >>> the usual beep when a usb device is plugged in or out.
    >>>
    >>> As the drive is brand new it shouldnt have any problems Maxtor
    >>> 6Y160P0 (160GB) - There is a supplied CD, but I shouldnt need this
    >>> as all my other USB devices are working fine using the USB Mass
    >>> Driver.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on how to get this working?
    >>>

    >> I may be taking somewhat of a leap in the dark, but here goes. If
    >> nothing else is working, if it was myself, I would try the enclosed
    >> CD.

    >BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! There is no end to the fuckwittery in
    >24hoursupport.helpdesk.

    Would you like to say more about your dreams?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "d00d, flaming by 'bots doesn't count. You need to know they're
    'bots." -- Jommy Cross
    Lady Chatterly, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Lady Chatterly

    Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly wrote:

    > Would you like to say more about your dreams?

    Do you have bad dreams?
    Fred, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Lady Chatterly

    Fred Guest