    T41 is 5-6 yrs old
    T23 is ?? older ??
    same licensing on both ?
    OEM ? Full windows license?
    what OS ? XP Pro ?
    so are you maybe installing Celeron licensed drive into Pentium ? etc

    - Bobb -, Jul 29, 2010

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    I can tell you that on Compaq PC's I've owned I could not change drives
    between "similar model" laptops. For the Armada series if I tried would get
    a boot up error ( not blue screen) would say "not licensed for this
    hardware" type message. Also, check in BIOS to see if "s/n checked enabled".
    Forget the exact language but windows CAN interrogate bios for s/n info. It
    was a few years ago when this became a stink. I forget the details ....Msft
    wanted to play big brother and was using sn info And mfrs went along -
    that's why Compaq's would fail - compared license at boot time.

    "I've put this hard drive in another T23 before and had no problems."
    can you do so now ( just want to see if still ok) and the T23 drive still
    works fine in a T23 - now.
    and ARE both versions of XP, the IBM OEM versions ?

    Boot T23 and go to IBM.com ( Lenovo ) for all updates.
    I'd then make 2 profiles while drive in T23, call T41 and T23
    Boot T41 profile in T23. Safe mode.
    Strip out everything you can from dev mgr.
    Shutdown
    Put in T41, try ' T41 profile' to see if any change at all.
    So all sw up to date but no hardware.
    If it does boot - should find lots of stuff.

    good luck

    - Bobb -, Jul 29, 2010