Re: iBGP question.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Agosta, Jul 7, 2008.

  1. John Agosta

    John Agosta Guest

    As long as you have a route at the existing routers which enables you to
    reach the third iBGP neighbor, and that new iBGP neighbor has a route back
    to your 2 existing routers,
    you can peer up with that new (third) router.

    No direct connection, or dedicated facility is needed to do this.
    All three routers need to have routes / reachability with each other, that's
    all.
    And yes, full mesh should be used - or - route reflection.

    John Agosta, Jul 7, 2008

  2. John Agosta

    Merv Guest

    It is not clear why one would want to use iBGP to other sites in this
    case.

    Can understand an IGP via GRE tunnels to reach internal resouces

    Merv, Jul 8, 2008