Re: I won a Charlie Award....without entering the competition...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ghett A. Kleu, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:43:39 +0100, "Boris" <> wrote:

    > the gist of his entire post went straight over
    >the top of your head.

    No, the gist of his entire post went completely over *your* head. He's a
    well-known spammer. Has been trying to sell his beginner's photography for
    years now. He thinks if he travels somewhere with a camera and takes enough
    tourists' snapshots that that automatically turns him into a professional
    photographer. The whole thing was to start a controversy so all you fools
    would go to his pathetic website. Catch up.
    Ghett A. Kleu, Sep 13, 2009

  2. Ghett A. Kleu

    Ofnuts Guest

    Ghett A. Kleu wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:43:39 +0100, "Boris" <> wrote:
    >
    >> the gist of his entire post went straight over
    >> the top of your head.

    > No, the gist of his entire post went completely over *your* head. He's a
    > well-known spammer. Has been trying to sell his beginner's photography for
    > years now.

    And he seems to have been quite successful at it, no?

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Sep 13, 2009

  3. Ghett A. Kleu

    Boris Guest

    "Ghett A. Kleu" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:43:39 +0100, "Boris" <> wrote:
    >
    > > the gist of his entire post went straight over
    > >the top of your head.

    > No, the gist of his entire post went completely over *your* head. He's a
    > well-known spammer. Has been trying to sell his beginner's photography for
    > years now.

    <quote>

    Thijs Heslenfeld's "Cold - Sailing to Antarctica" is a truly unique book here at
    Stanfords, a personal journey recorded in both photography and print that will
    captivate and inspire.

    "Antarctica has become the subject of countless photographic books. But this one
    stands out from the crowd. (...) Dutch photographer Thijs Heslenfeld has succeeded
    where I feel others have failed. Cold isn't a sugar-coated portrait of the continent;
    it looks bleak, capricious and genuinely wild. (...) I've never been lucky enough
    to go to Antarctica, but after seeing this book, I feel I've got a little bit closer."
    - Wanderlust

    "Cold is a successful book. It is beautiful; the images are simply stunning.They present
    a slightly unusual view of Antarctica, unusual in that they don't offer up photos of
    fluffy penguins, nor do they conform to the uniformity of the stark images used to
    depict global warming." - Professional Photographer

    <quote>

    http://www.stanfords.co.uk/stock/cold-165672/

    And for your own next book ?

    "Ten Years Sitting in Front a Computer Screen in my Underpants, Typing Gibberish,
    While Eating Tubs of Ice-Cream"

    by Klueless Wannabee

    michael adams

    Boris, Sep 13, 2009
  4. Ghett A. Kleu

    J. Clarke Guest

    Boris wrote:
    > "Ghett A. Kleu" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:43:39 +0100, "Boris" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> the gist of his entire post went straight over
    >>> the top of your head.

    >> No, the gist of his entire post went completely over *your* head.
    >> He's a well-known spammer. Has been trying to sell his beginner's
    >> photography for years now.

    > <quote>
    >

    > Thijs Heslenfeld's "Cold - Sailing to Antarctica" is a truly unique
    > book here at
    > Stanfords, a personal journey recorded in both photography and print
    > that will
    > captivate and inspire.
    >
    > "Antarctica has become the subject of countless photographic books.
    > But this one
    > stands out from the crowd. (...) Dutch photographer Thijs Heslenfeld
    > has succeeded
    > where I feel others have failed. Cold isn't a sugar-coated portrait
    > of the continent;
    > it looks bleak, capricious and genuinely wild. (...) I've never been
    > lucky enough
    > to go to Antarctica, but after seeing this book, I feel I've got a
    > little bit closer."
    > - Wanderlust
    >
    > "Cold is a successful book. It is beautiful; the images are simply
    > stunning.They present
    > a slightly unusual view of Antarctica, unusual in that they don't
    > offer up photos of
    > fluffy penguins, nor do they conform to the uniformity of the stark
    > images used to
    > depict global warming." - Professional Photographer
    >
    > <quote>
    >
    > http://www.stanfords.co.uk/stock/cold-165672/
    >
    > And for your own next book ?
    >
    > "Ten Years Sitting in Front a Computer Screen in my Underpants,
    > Typing Gibberish,
    > While Eating Tubs of Ice-Cream"
    >
    > by Klueless Wannabee
    >

    > michael adams

    Don't waste your time, just killfile the twit.
    J. Clarke, Sep 13, 2009
  5. On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:53:22 -0400, "J. Clarke" <>
    wrote:

    >Boris wrote:
    >> "Ghett A. Kleu" <> wrote in message

    >>> No, the gist of his entire post went completely over *your* head.
    >>> He's a well-known spammer. Has been trying to sell his beginner's
    >>> photography for years now.

    <more spam snipped>

    >> And for your own next book ?

    >Don't waste your time, just killfile the twit.

    That's all fine and well, but it won't make either of them less of a
    spammer, nor you less of a troll.
    Reality Czech, Sep 13, 2009
  6. Ghett A. Kleu

    Pete D Guest

    "Reality Czech" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:53:22 -0400, "J. Clarke" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Boris wrote:
    >>> "Ghett A. Kleu" <> wrote in message

    > <more spam snipped>
    >

    >>> And for your own next book ?

    >>Don't waste your time, just killfile the twit.

    > That's all fine and well, but it won't make either of them less of a
    > spammer, nor you less of a troll.

    And you a total absolute nothing sitting in your underpants. Hows the
    icecream?
    Pete D, Sep 13, 2009
  7. Ghett A. Kleu

    Bob Larter Guest

    Ghett A. Kleu wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:43:39 +0100, "Boris" <> wrote:
    >
    >> the gist of his entire post went straight over
    >> the top of your head.

    > No, the gist of his entire post went completely over *your* head. He's a
    > well-known spammer. Has been trying to sell his beginner's photography for
    > years now. He thinks if he travels somewhere with a camera and takes enough
    > tourists' snapshots that that automatically turns him into a professional
    > photographer. The whole thing was to start a controversy so all you fools
    > would go to his pathetic website. Catch up.

    "Tourist snapshots" don't win major awards.

    Bob Larter, Sep 18, 2009