Re: I was TRICKED into Windopes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    Asstroturfer Johansen wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

    I'm a man well below average intelligence. Despite of that, some Windiots
    advocates on the internet convinced me, that paying for Clippy was superior,
    despite GNU/Linux being easy, free and had all that Windopes had plus more.
    "It wasn't easely installed, everyone couldn't do it."
    How would I ever regret that!
    First I had a lot of legacy hardware that I had no drivers unlike those
    built into Linux. Linux now has the planets biggest supported hardware
    list. Then windcrap took hours to install with constant reboots,
    while many supported Linuxes like SuSE, RHat, Mandriva etc
    took 30 minutes or so.
    Hundreds here http://www.livecdlist.com

    1) When I installed Windope, the Linux boot information was erased
    in a monopolistic antitrust way.
    Only by unfairly deleting Linux boot information from a PC
    can micoshaft retain monopoly desktop control these days.
    Devices wasn't detected. Nothing worked properly.
     I couldn't even go into X and then I remembered its windopes
    and its not Linux and its not as good as Linux
       That was the so-called "easy" installation.
    Hours spent rebooting.

    2) When I attempted to install the drivers, I found out windiot crap
       almost doesn't come with hardware support! I have to go to the
    manufacturer. Blimy! Some of them aren't around no more.
    Linux doesn't have problems with that - there are always maintainers
    and companies maintaining support 24/7 for such things like
    SuSE, RHAT enterprise editions.
     I had to install "patches"
    in the kernel source-code to get simple things working which was
    readily available, unlike micoshaft where I am left vulnerable for
    days and weeks and months on end waiting each Patch Tuesday
    to see if I got a fix despite paying.

    4) Finally, when I had the most basic things set up, I would install some
       "packages", but only to find out, Linux doesn't need reboots
       unlike clueless Windopes. Not only that, the useablility was so slow,
       that you would consider using a typewriter instead.

    What convinses me, that I've made a fool out of myself, is that the same
    "community" that "converted" me to begin with, acted with such arrogance,
    when I polietly asked the microshaft "community" for help.
    I was told to "read the fucking EULA." And that was all "help" I would get
    from the micoshfted "community." Yes, I was the proud village idiot owner
    of a license (not software). Ask the windope advocates do what they do,
    and I have my answer. They stiffen their willy and penetrate my PC for lack
    of real-life values.
    7, Sep 15, 2006

  2. 7

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I see 7th-Witch is still flying around on the Linux broom.
    Duane Arnold, Sep 15, 2006

  3. 7

    Leythos Guest

    In article <lWFOg.19738$>,
    says...
    > First I had a lot of legacy hardware that I had no drivers unlike those
    > built into Linux. Linux now has the planets biggest supported hardware
    > list.

    Yep, you get the largest base of Legacy drivers on the planet - now how
    about those of us running the newest, non-legacy, hardware.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Sep 16, 2006
  4. 7

    NoStop Guest

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <lWFOg.19738$>,
    > says...
    >> First I had a lot of legacy hardware that I had no drivers unlike those
    >> built into Linux. Linux now has the planets biggest supported hardware
    >> list.

    > Yep, you get the largest base of Legacy drivers on the planet - now how
    > about those of us running the newest, non-legacy, hardware.

    MickeyMouse Fanboys like you Leythos just continue to run Windoze I guess.
    Obviously you're one of those people that likes to be on the bleeding edge
    and hence run a 6 year old operating system.

    --
    Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
    http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d
    NoStop, Sep 16, 2006
  5. 7

    Leythos Guest

    In article <EYHOg.541913$Mn5.13296@pd7tw3no>, says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    > > In article <lWFOg.19738$>,
    > > says...
    > >> First I had a lot of legacy hardware that I had no drivers unlike those
    > >> built into Linux. Linux now has the planets biggest supported hardware
    > >> list.

    > > Yep, you get the largest base of Legacy drivers on the planet - now how
    > > about those of us running the newest, non-legacy, hardware.
    > >

    > MickeyMouse Fanboys like you Leythos just continue to run Windoze I guess.
    > Obviously you're one of those people that likes to be on the bleeding edge
    > and hence run a 6 year old operating system.

    I run FC5 and Windows, but I like Anawave Gravity better than Pan, and
    it's not been ported to nix yet.

    Windows is more than 6 years old, just like Fedora is, just like other
    OS's - they tend to build the next OS on the previous OS (not each
    other, from each vendor/team).

    Like it or not, there are many large networks running Windows based
    solutions without any problems.

    Now, tell me again how unstable it is.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Sep 16, 2006
  6. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Leythos
    <>
    wrote
    on Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:04:09 GMT
    <d4IOg.123$>:
    > In article <EYHOg.541913$Mn5.13296@pd7tw3no>, says...
    >> Leythos wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article <lWFOg.19738$>,
    >> > says...
    >> >
    >> > Yep, you get the largest base of Legacy drivers on the planet - now how
    >> > about those of us running the newest, non-legacy, hardware.
    >> >

    >> MickeyMouse Fanboys like you Leythos just continue to run Windoze I guess.
    >> Obviously you're one of those people that likes to be on the bleeding edge
    >> and hence run a 6 year old operating system.

    > I run FC5 and Windows, but I like Anawave Gravity better than Pan, and
    > it's not been ported to nix yet.
    >
    > Windows is more than 6 years old,

    The first edition of Windows came out in 1984. Admittedly, it didn't do
    all that much back then. :)

    > just like Fedora is, just like other
    > OS's - they tend to build the next OS on the previous OS (not each
    > other, from each vendor/team).
    >
    > Like it or not, there are many large networks running Windows based
    > solutions without any problems.
    >
    > Now, tell me again how unstable it is.

    Windows 2003 Server Edition is probably the most stable of the Windows
    systems out there, on good hardware.

    Certainly, it's the latest. :) (Apart from Windows Vista, which is a
    release candidate now.)

    #191,
    Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.
    The Ghost In The Machine, Sep 16, 2006
  7. 7

    Leythos Guest

    In article <00suus7038.net>,
    00suus7038.net says...
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Leythos
    > <>
    > wrote
    > on Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:04:09 GMT
    > <d4IOg.123$>:

    > >> MickeyMouse Fanboys like you Leythos just continue to run Windoze I guess.
    > >> Obviously you're one of those people that likes to be on the bleeding edge
    > >> and hence run a 6 year old operating system.

    > > I run FC5 and Windows, but I like Anawave Gravity better than Pan, and
    > > it's not been ported to nix yet.
    > >
    > > Windows is more than 6 years old,

    > The first edition of Windows came out in 1984. Admittedly, it didn't do
    > all that much back then. :)
    >
    > > just like Fedora is, just like other
    > > OS's - they tend to build the next OS on the previous OS (not each
    > > other, from each vendor/team).
    > >
    > > Like it or not, there are many large networks running Windows based
    > > solutions without any problems.
    > >
    > > Now, tell me again how unstable it is.
    > >

    > Windows 2003 Server Edition is probably the most stable of the Windows
    > systems out there, on good hardware.
    >
    > Certainly, it's the latest. :) (Apart from Windows Vista, which is a
    > release candidate now.)

    I ran two NT 4 servers PDC/BDC that ran a process control system in a
    mfg plant that were not rebooted for almost three years, and a SQL
    server that was only taken down during that time for expanding the raid
    array.

    I've had the same or better experience with Windows 2000 and even
    several AIX servers.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Sep 16, 2006
  8. 7

    7 Guest

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <lWFOg.19738$>,
    > says...
    >> First I had a lot of legacy hardware that I had no drivers unlike those
    >> built into Linux. Linux now has the planets biggest supported hardware
    >> list.

    > Yep, you get the largest base of Legacy drivers on the planet - now how
    > about those of us running the newest, non-legacy, hardware.

    There are great companies offering 24/7 support for new hardware
    and software like RHAT and SuSE. Then there are also companies
    that make products like laser printers to video cards that offer them with
    Linux drivers. Samsung Laser printer like ML-1610, 16ppm for 50 pounds
    you get latest printer drivers for Linux. And NVidia you get
    drivers about same time as competing operating systems.
    Its no longer true that you don't have a choice when
    it comes to purchasing supported hardware, or purchasing support.
    The Linux purchasing experience is the same if not overal
    better because of new manufacturer's support and better legacy support.
    7, Sep 16, 2006
  9. 7

    Leythos Guest

    In article <8APOg.19860$>,
    says...
    > The Linux purchasing experience is the same if not overal
    > better because of new manufacturer's support and better legacy support.

    I would almost agree, as I use Fedora and Windows, but there are times
    when there are no drivers for nix while there have been for win for
    months after a product comes out. Don't take me as one of those Win is
    better than nix people, I love my nix boxes and was brought up on nix
    and windows without a zealotry bias.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Sep 16, 2006
  10. 7

    7 Guest

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <8APOg.19860$>,
    > says...
    >> The Linux purchasing experience is the same if not overal
    >> better because of new manufacturer's support and better legacy support.

    > I would almost agree, as I use Fedora and Windows, but there are times
    > when there are no drivers for nix while there have been for win for
    > months after a product comes out. Don't take me as one of those Win is
    > better than nix people, I love my nix boxes and was brought up on nix
    > and windows without a zealotry bias.

    I make my purchasing decisions based on Linux supporting companies NOW.
    Companies like Samsung are on my list because of their support
    for laser printers. NOW is where it matters. NOW is SuSE, RHAT, Mandriva,
    Linspire, Xandros etc where I can purchase supported Linux distributions.
    Tomorrow is something distant. I'm unlikely to switch to a rivals
    if they are known to me today as not supplying what I want NOW.
    7, Sep 16, 2006
  11. 7

    Martha Adams Guest

    This sounds to me like some child in his terrible twos. But in fact,
    it's the
    only policy that makes sense (if taken with a little thoughtful scouting
    around). Because, I can try a simple thought experiment:

    If you take from the past, it's already halfway obsolete. Yes, today's
    world changes *that* fast.

    If you guess the future, there's too much possibility out there seasoned
    with vaporware etc. (Try 'Vista' and this ongoing Digital Restrictions
    Management thing.)

    I conclude, I can't improve on 7's policy.

    Cheers -- Martha Adams

    "7" <> wrote in message
    > Leythos wrote:

    <snip>

    > I make my purchasing decisions based on Linux supporting companies
    > NOW.
    > Companies like Samsung are on my list because of their support
    > for laser printers. NOW is where it matters. NOW is SuSE, RHAT,
    > Mandriva,
    > Linspire, Xandros etc where I can purchase supported Linux
    > distributions.
    > Tomorrow is something distant. I'm unlikely to switch to a rivals
    > if they are known to me today as not supplying what I want NOW.

    ###
    Martha Adams, Sep 16, 2006
  12. 7

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:37:05 GMT, 7 <> wrote:

    >Asstroturfer Johansen wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

    >I'm a man well below average intelligence.

    Enough said! Proof deleted.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page