Re: I still can't delete a folder in Programs

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 26, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Valorie *~" <> wrote in

    > OK, I followed the advice given last week to be able to delete or
    > remove files (using Properties/security tab/advanced button/owner tab
    > etc) - but it will not work tonight when trying to delete/remove a
    > program under program files. I'm trying to remove one of the
    > "WindowsMail" programs I installed under programs. Somehow I ended up
    > adding it twice under program files. Running the bar all the way down
    > doesn't get rid of this overbearing MS security system. At the next
    > reboot it's the same damn thing. How is it disabled for GOOD and not
    > just until the PC is shut off? What works when the folder is under
    > Program files?

    Uninstall. As in add/remove programs in control panel.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 26, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    Alias Guest

    On 10/27/2010 07:33 AM, Valorie *~ wrote:

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "Valorie *~" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> OK, I followed the advice given last week to be able to delete or
    >>> remove files (using Properties/security tab/advanced button/owner tab
    >>> etc) - but it will not work tonight when trying to delete/remove a
    >>> program under program files. I'm trying to remove one of the
    >>> "WindowsMail" programs I installed under programs. Somehow I ended up
    >>> adding it twice under program files. Running the bar all the way down
    >>> doesn't get rid of this overbearing MS security system. At the next
    >>> reboot it's the same damn thing. How is it disabled for GOOD and not
    >>> just until the PC is shut off? What works when the folder is under
    >>> Program files?
    >>>

    >> Uninstall. As in add/remove programs in control panel.

    > It doesn't show up there.

    In Windows 7 it's not called that is why. I'm amazed you can't find it
    being as it's called PROGRAMS and Characteristics. I'd hate to see you
    in England needing to go to the rest room and wondering what the hell WC
    means while you piss in your pants.

    --
    Alias

    Alias, Oct 27, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Char Jackson Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:47:05 -0600, "Valorie *~"
    <> wrote:

    >"Roy Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I'd hate to see you
    >>>
    >>> Why would an American know what the hell a WC was?

    >> Anyone who draws blueprints or anyone that can read them would... Think
    >> about it, how would you give a two letter abbreviation to a bedroom and
    >> the bathroom?

    >A two letter word for both? BR for (B)ed (R)oom. It would probably be the
    >same for bathroom. I don't know. I don't do blueprints. WC for Toilet? WC
    >for loo? WC for (T)oilet? At one time in the early 1900s some people on
    >the east coast called toilets Water Closets = WC. I never heard of them
    >called loos here.

    I believe they are called outhouses in your neck of the backwoods.
    One-holer, two-holer, etc.

    --

    Char Jackson

    Char Jackson, Nov 12, 2010
  4. ?"Valorie *

    >The average American who hasn't been to the UK wouldn't know what a water
    >closet or loo was.

    I always thought that WATER LOO was some place in Belgium
    where Napoleon got busted in eighteenhundred and something ...
    :)

    Roland Schweiger, Nov 14, 2010