Re: I/O conflict

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jl, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. jl

    jl Guest

    same problem how to fix

    jl, Jul 16, 2005

  2. jl

    Larry Crites Guest

    Sounds like a conflict with COM port 2, which usually has that memory
    address, 2f8, and on IRQ 3. Something else in your system trying to use IRQ
    3?

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Larry Crites wrote:

    > Sounds like a conflict with COM port 2, which usually has that memory
    > address, 2f8, and on IRQ 3. Something else in your system trying to use IRQ
    > 3?

    Wow. You're giving me flashbacks. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 16, 2005
  4. jl

    Ben Myers Guest

    Restart the computer, go into the BIOS setup and look for COM2
    or serial port 2. If you find it, set to "Disabled". Be sure to save
    the change when exiting.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 16, 2005
  5. jl

    J-McC Guest

    Restart the computer, go into the BIOS setup and look for COM1 and
    COM2. I suspect that since this error comes up before any o/s (except
    the bios) is loaded that both com ports may be set to the same
    address. Even if you had a card with extra serial ports I doubt that
    it would be the problem as the drivers for it would not have been
    loaded yet. If you have an infrared device installed it uses one of
    the com ports but you would see possibly com2 is replaced by the
    infrared port. It will be an error in settings in the bios. If it is
    too hard to fix then take a note of your Hard drive settings and then
    reload default settings, Since it is a Pentium3/600 the bios should
    automatically find the settings for your hard drive, what I mean here
    is that it is not some antique mainboard!
    Good luck, let us all know how you went.
    Jim McC.

    >or serial port 2.

    J-McC, Jul 16, 2005