Re: I need help with downloading comics using Unison for Mac OSX

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 14, 2009.

  1. Brian Nickell wrote:

    > From: Brian Nickell <>

    You seem to be posting via a RoadRunner cable connection, using what
    might be a Chinese NNTP news server. Is this true?

    > I've been trying to figure out how to download files using Unison for
    > Mac OSX with no luck. I've asked folks repeatedly on
    > alt.binaries.comics.dcp and no one seems to want to help me. Now that
    > I've found the help desk

    This is an international Usenet newsgroup. It's not really a "help
    desk."

    > I'm hoping someone is kind enough to help me. I need a complete crash
    > course in how to do this. I'm able to post messages and retrieve
    > messages but that's about it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

    I don't use a Mac, but I found: http://www.panic.com/unison/index.html
    which states that you have to "buy to unlock" ... did you purchase it?
    "Features limited after 15 day trial."

    > If you don't mind (those of you who are kind enough to help) please
    > email the how to directly to my email. In case it doesn't show the
    > address is

    Ask in Usenet; get answer in Usenet. It is impolite to ask people to
    email you. Spam harvesters do that.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 14, 2009

  2. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Ask in Usenet; get answer in Usenet. It is impolite to ask people to
    >> email you. Spam harvesters do that.

    > Email me, I've got the stuff.

    Hmmm? Why would I do that? I'm not interested in comics binaries.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 14, 2009