Re: I need advice about A+ books

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Rick Blythin, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Rick Blythin

    Rick Blythin Guest

    "CodeName" <> wrote in message
    > Please, let me know what to choose. I want to become A+ certified. Of

    course
    > to read all books will be good, but maybe some of them will be a waste of
    > time, because some of these books are old. What do you think, what to
    > choose, let's talk about 3 books.
    >
    > What I have:
    >
    > Upgrading and Repairing PC's 13th Edition by Scott Mueller, 2002
    > Sybex - A+ Certification Study Guide, Second Edition, 2001
    > A+ Certification Training Guide, Charles J. Brooks, Marcraft, 1998
    > A+ Exam Cram2 by Que Certification, 2003
    > A+ Certification Training Kit, Second Edition, Microsoft, 2000
    >

    > Thank You.

    Your safest bet going by the dates are probably the Sybex study guide and
    'exam cram2' by Que.

    The 98 guide would be for the retired '98 objectives which I actually just
    squeezed it before they updated the exam. It might be worth a read after
    getting certified I feel knowing DOS is still very important to any tech.
    Mueller's books are excellent I have the 11th edition of PC and 2nd edition
    for networking. They're overkill for study purposes but excellent reference
    books.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Rick
    --