Re: I Must Correct some of you:

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mara, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Mara

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:00:10 -0700, Michael wrote:

    >In <news:8cCUa.121112$>,
    >Fred Evans said:
    >
    >> I sell Software for a Living, and YES I sell Software that will Hide
    >> your IP Address from Anybody, Excluding the Govt, But would not sell
    >> it to a Loser Like you---You made your own bed---Now go sleep in it!!

    >I think it's time to answer an absence of logic with a logical fallacy.
    >
    >Why? Because.
    >
    >To wit:
    >
    >If you sell such brilliant software that this item will "Hide your IP
    >Address from Anybody, Excluding the Govt" - (it's not specified *which*
    >government either) - and will still allow another computer to send data to
    >your IP (necessary in order to use the internet to do anything at all,) then
    >how come you aren't using a better newsreader than Outook Express?

    Or a different host.

    Excellent point. The question now is, how big a lie will Fred post in answer?

    "Now opening the betting pool."

    >((U))

    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.
    --John Oliver, nanae, 7/03/02

    Mara, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Mara

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:49:05 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:34:11
    >-0500, Mara uttered this:
    >
    >>On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:00:10 -0700, Michael wrote:

    >>>I think it's time to answer an absence of logic with a logical fallacy.
    >>>
    >>>Why? Because.
    >>>
    >>>To wit:
    >>>
    >>>If you sell such brilliant software that this item will "Hide your IP
    >>>Address from Anybody, Excluding the Govt" - (it's not specified *which*
    >>>government either) - and will still allow another computer to send data to
    >>>your IP (necessary in order to use the internet to do anything at all,) then
    >>>how come you aren't using a better newsreader than Outook Express?

    >>Or a different host.
    >>
    >>Excellent point. The question now is, how big a lie will Fred post in answer?
    >>
    >>"Now opening the betting pool."

    >I bid 200 quatloos....

    Ok, pick your poison:

    1. Little white
    2. Well meaning but
    3. Just because
    3. Spamsign
    4. Big and blatant
    5. Whopper (and we ain't talkin' Burger King, here)
    6. Wow. <boggle>
    7. ROTFLMAO

    Mara, Jul 27, 2003

  3. William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <>:

    > I bid 200 quatloos....

    Which brain was that? Red, Yellow, or green(I think)? <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 27, 2003
  4. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:48:25
    -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:

    >William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    >proclaimed in <>:
    >
    >> I bid 200 quatloos....

    > Which brain was that? Red, Yellow, or green(I think)? <G>
    >
    > NOI

    Erm....well.....umm......pass!
    --
    Deja Moo: The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.

    William Poaster, Jul 27, 2003
  5. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:15:17
    -0500, Mara uttered this:

    >On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:49:05 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:34:11
    >>-0500, Mara uttered this:

    >>>Or a different host.
    >>>
    >>>Excellent point. The question now is, how big a lie will Fred post in answer?
    >>>
    >>>"Now opening the betting pool."

    >>I bid 200 quatloos....

    >Ok, pick your poison:
    >
    >1. Little white
    >2. Well meaning but
    >3. Just because
    >3. Spamsign
    >4. Big and blatant
    >5. Whopper (and we ain't talkin' Burger King, here)
    >6. Wow. <boggle>
    >7. ROTFLMAO

    Ahmm.... # 3...I think! However I was going to bet on how many
    emails he'd had in support....but it ain't in the da lits!

    --
    "He may have imaginary friends too"

    William Poaster, Jul 27, 2003
  6. William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <>:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul
    > 2003 19:48:25 -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:
    >>> I bid 200 quatloos....

    >> Which brain was that? Red, Yellow, or green(I think)? <G>
    >>
    >> NOI

    > Erm....well.....umm......pass!

    Actually, that question is now driving me nuts! I tried to find it
    online, so far, no dice. I'm trying to get one of my friends, a
    serious ST nut, in IM to answer it for me. Figures. First Sat in
    months, he's not on duty or at home. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 27, 2003
  7. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:32:14
    -0500, Mara uttered this:

    >On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:13:45 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >>Ahmm.... # 3...I think! However I was going to bet on how many
    >>emails he'd had in support....but it ain't in the da lits!

    >Damn. OK:
    >
    >1. Little white
    >2. Well meaning but
    >3. Just because
    >3. Spamsign
    >4. Big and blatant
    >5. Whopper (and we ain't talkin' Burger King, here)
    >6. Wow. <boggle>
    >7. ROTFLMAO
    >8. My friends support me in e-mail
    >9. They're 10' tall, invisible, and can fly
    >
    >Will those do?

    Oh yes! :)

    >"We aim to please, at QoE Ltd."

    Thank you!
    --
    find /usr2 -name nethack -exec rm -f {};

    William Poaster, Jul 27, 2003
  8. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:31:34
    -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:

    >William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    >proclaimed in <>:
    >
    >> This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul
    >> 2003 19:48:25 -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:
    >>>
    >>> Which brain was that? Red, Yellow, or green(I think)? <G>
    >>>
    >>> NOI

    >> Erm....well.....umm......pass!

    > Actually, that question is now driving me nuts! I tried to find it
    >online, so far, no dice. I'm trying to get one of my friends, a
    >serious ST nut, in IM to answer it for me. Figures. First Sat in
    >months, he's not on duty or at home. <G>
    >
    > NOI

    LOL!
    --
    dd if=/dev/null of=/vmunix

    William Poaster, Jul 27, 2003
  9. William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <>:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul
    > 2003 22:31:34 -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:
    >> Actually, that question is now driving me nuts! I tried to find it
    >>online, so far, no dice. I'm trying to get one of my friends, a
    >>serious ST nut, in IM to answer it for me. Figures. First Sat in
    >>months, he's not on duty or at home. <G>
    >>
    >> NOI

    > LOL!

    Was up until 1:00am here trying to find this.

    http://www.scifilm.org/tv/startrek/startrek46.html

    That's the closest I got. No pix of them, but apparently the foam
    rubber brains were in the movie "The Space Children" before ST.

    Yes, I'm losing my sanity. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 27, 2003
  10. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:55:20
    -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:

    >William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    >proclaimed in <>:
    >
    >> This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 26 Jul
    >> 2003 22:31:34 -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:
    >>> Actually, that question is now driving me nuts! I tried to find it
    >>>online, so far, no dice. I'm trying to get one of my friends, a
    >>>serious ST nut, in IM to answer it for me. Figures. First Sat in
    >>>months, he's not on duty or at home. <G>
    >>>
    >>> NOI

    >> LOL!

    >Was up until 1:00am here trying to find this.
    >
    >http://www.scifilm.org/tv/startrek/startrek46.html
    >
    >That's the closest I got. No pix of them, but apparently the foam
    >rubber brains were in the movie "The Space Children" before ST.

    I remember it now! :)

    > Yes, I'm losing my sanity. <G>

    It's a requisite of being in this ng! <G>

    --
    Linux user #305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 8.2

    William Poaster, Jul 27, 2003