Re: I Miss my Viewfinder !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Dyer-Bennet, May 24, 2011.

  1. On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:26:24 AM UTC-5, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Mxsmanic <> wrote:
    > > Wolfgang Weisselberg writes:

    > >> Any time a negative is scrubbed with a brush, there are new
    > >> scratches, too.

    > > That's why I don't scrub negatives with brushes, just as I don't engrave my
    > > name on CDs with the point of a pair of scissors.

    > In some scenarios, you might not have any choice.
    > (when someone pulls a gun and orders you to. Far fetched,
    > true.)

    That's still a choice; it's just raising the cost of
    non-compliance. They can't (at least with a gun) directly
    control your muscles and actually *make* you do anything.

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 24, 2011

  2. David Dyer-Bennet <> wrote:
    > On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:26:24 AM UTC-5, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >> In some scenarios, you might not have any choice.
    >> (when someone pulls a gun and orders you to. Far fetched,
    >> true.)

    > That's still a choice; it's just raising the cost of
    > non-compliance.

    "Over my dead body." -- "As you wish!" :->

    > They can't (at least with a gun) directly
    > control your muscles and actually *make* you do anything.

    *GRIN*
    Now where is the muscle control implant when you need it?
    Or some fancy mind control magic?

    Though most people are rather compliant when you realistically
    threaten their loved ones with unspeakable torture.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 25, 2011

  3. On May 25, 10:24 am, Wolfgang Weisselberg <>
    wrote:
    > David Dyer-Bennet <> wrote:
    > > On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:26:24 AM UTC-5, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > >> In some scenarios, you might not have any choice.
    > >> (when someone pulls a gun and orders you to.  Far fetched,
    > >> true.)

    > > That's still a choice; it's just raising the cost of
    > > non-compliance.

    > "Over my dead body." -- "As you wish!"  :->
    >
    > > They can't (at least with a gun) directly
    > > control your muscles and actually *make* you do anything.

    > *GRIN*
    > Now where is the muscle control implant when you need it?
    > Or some fancy mind control magic?

    Yes, magical worlds have real down-side potential there that is not
    often really explored.

    > Though most people are rather compliant when you realistically
    > threaten their loved ones with unspeakable torture.

    Unfortunately true (if it didn't work, they might not try it).

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 25, 2011