Re: I Hate

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Jun 21, 2010.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > Websites like old school friends which insist that you use their web
    > mail interface to send an initial message and don't provide a method to
    > cc or bcc yourself the message you send.
    >
    > Grhhh were is my local search able/indexable copy for my records!

    Perfer that so they can throttle peoples emails then the barrage of spam
    that you would get if they just put mailto links allover the site.
    Richard, Jun 21, 2010

  2. Richard

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 22, 10:46 am, Richard <> wrote:
    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    > > Websites like old school friends which insist that you use their web
    > > mail interface to send an initial message and don't provide a method to
    > > cc or bcc yourself the message you send.

    > > Grhhh were is my local search able/indexable copy for my records!

    > Perfer that so they can throttle peoples emails then the barrage of spam
    > that you would get if they just put mailto links allover the site.

    I think the OP's point is that their form doesn't allow a cc you
    yourself. This would allow you to have your own record of the message.
    JohnO, Jun 22, 2010

  3. Richard

    Enkidu Guest

    On 22/06/10 13:21, JohnO wrote:
    > On Jun 22, 10:46 am, Richard<> wrote:
    >> Collector_NZ wrote:
    >>> Websites like old school friends which insist that you use their web
    >>> mail interface to send an initial message and don't provide a method to
    >>> cc or bcc yourself the message you send.

    >>> Grhhh were is my local search able/indexable copy for my records!

    >> Perfer that so they can throttle peoples emails then the barrage of spam
    >> that you would get if they just put mailto links allover the site.

    > I think the OP's point is that their form doesn't allow a cc you
    > yourself. This would allow you to have your own record of the message.

    Why on earth would you want that? Why would you want to hang on to some
    stupid message you sent ages ago? I regularly clear out my sent mail.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles
    Enkidu, Jun 22, 2010