Re: I hate environmentalists

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ray Fischer, Apr 11, 2009.

  1. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >C J Campbell <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 2009-04-08 16:31:14 -0700, Rich <> said:
    >>
    >>> These people are the kind who want nature reserved only for their kind,
    >>> the hemp-sandal wearing KOOKS who like to protest G20 meetings.

    >> Those guys are running things now. At the more extreme end, people like
    >> Bill McKibben, author of "The End of Nature," are demanding a
    >> moratorium on ALL wildlife photography.

    >Rachel Carson wrote "Silent Spring" about DDT's effects on bird eggs. So
    >they banned DDT. Result? 40 million Africans dead of malaria.

    Rightard propaganda.

    >Environmentalists, the hardcore, are human-hating, anarchist vermin.

    Quite the neo-nazi, aren't you?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Apr 11, 2009

  2. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    C J Campbell <> wrote:
    >On 2009-04-10 19:46:10 -0700, (Ray Fischer) said:
    >
    >> Rich <> wrote:
    >>> C J Campbell <> wrote in

    >>> Rachel Carson wrote "Silent Spring" about DDT's effects on bird eggs. So
    >>> they banned DDT. Result? 40 million Africans dead of malaria.

    >> Rightard propaganda.

    >An exaggeration, but not entirely untrue. There are trade-offs. And
    >banning DDT does make it more difficult to control malaria-carrying
    >mosquito populations.
    >
    >>> Environmentalists, the hardcore, are human-hating, anarchist vermin.

    >> Quite the neo-nazi, aren't you?

    >Godwin's law already?

    The Nazis referred to people as vermin. So does Rich.

    The similarity isn't my fault.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Apr 11, 2009

  3. Ray Fischer

    Twibil Guest

    On Apr 12, 11:24 pm, Savageduck <> wrote:

    > > (In a related story, psychologists have discovered that it's
    > > invariably the least intelligent and least educated people who see and
    > > state things in absolutes. Brighter souls recognise that there are
    > > seldom cases where there are pure blacks and pure whites, and tend to
    > > concentrate on distinguishing the shades of grey in any given
    > > situation. For an example, see the differences between Sarah Palin and
    > > John McCain...)

    > She has much more appealing legs.

    You betcha she does!!

    And the striking intellect of a three-week-dead Haddock.

    Twibil, Apr 13, 2009
  4. Ray Fischer

    Twibil Guest

    On Apr 13, 11:36 am, Savageduck <> wrote:

    > >> She has much more appealing legs.

    > > You betcha she does!!

    > > And the striking intellect of a three-week-dead Haddock.

    > I see we are in complete agreement.
    > Though from Alaska it is more likely to be a monkfish or cod.

    Ah, but why do you suppose it died? <G>

    ~Pete

    Twibil, Apr 13, 2009
  5. Ray Fischer

    Ken Hart Guest

    "Savageduck" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-04-12 23:15:42 -0700, Twibil <> said:
    >
    >> On Apr 12, 8:00 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >>
    >>> You really are an insane fanatic.

    >> You mean that heretofore there had been some doubt in your mind?
    >>
    >> (In a related story, psychologists have discovered that it's
    >> invariably the least intelligent and least educated people who see and
    >> state things in absolutes. Brighter souls recognise that there are
    >> seldom cases where there are pure blacks and pure whites, and tend to
    >> concentrate on distinguishing the shades of grey in any given
    >> situation. For an example, see the differences between Sarah Palin and
    >> John McCain...)

    > She has much more appealing legs.
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Savageduck

    And possibly a larger penis than his...

    Ken Hart, Apr 13, 2009
  6. Ray Fischer

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:55:21 -0700 (PDT), Twibil
    <> wrote:

    >> > (B) On the other hand, Obama wouldn't have had her on the team unless
    >> > he thought she could do the job, and you've got to admit that he
    >> > picked the perfect position for her: a Sec of State needs to be smart
    >> > and to have all the emotional sweetness of a hungry white shark
    >> > closing in for the kill.

    >> "White Shark"?!? A Freudian slip?

    >Well, no, that's what we call an "analogy": nothing Freudian about
    >it.

    But a particularly inappropriate analogy. And, it does suggest a
    parapraxis where some buried thought led to the choice of words even
    though it was not a concious choice.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Apr 15, 2009
  7. Ray Fischer

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:28:36 -0400, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    >>> "White Shark"?!? A Freudian slip?

    >>Well, no, that's what we call an "analogy": nothing Freudian about
    >>it.

    >But a particularly inappropriate analogy. And, it does suggest a
    >parapraxis where some buried thought led to the choice of words even
    >though it was not a concious choice.

    I meant "conscious" choice.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Apr 15, 2009
  8. Ray Fischer

    John A. Guest

    <> wrote:

    >>> "White Shark"?!? A Freudian slip?

    >>Well, no, that's what we call an "analogy": nothing Freudian about
    >>it.

    >But a particularly inappropriate analogy. And, it does suggest a
    >parapraxis where some buried thought led to the choice of words even
    >though it was not a concious choice.

    Or maybe you're just projecting.

    John A., Apr 15, 2009
  9. Ray Fischer

    Twibil Guest

    On Apr 14, 8:28 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > >> "White Shark"?!? A Freudian slip?

    > >Well, no, that's what we call an "analogy": nothing Freudian about
    > >it.

    > But a particularly inappropriate analogy.

    Speak for yourself, John. It works fine for me.

    > And, it does suggest a
    > parapraxis where some buried thought led to the choice of words even
    > though it was not a concious choice.

    Bull.

    I've been a semi-successful writer for many years, and like many other
    writers I find people who look for layered meanings where they don't
    exist to be a royal pain in the ass. (Or possibly a high school
    English teacher with pretensions of being a critic.)

    More often than not, a rose is just a rose.

    ~Pete

    Twibil, Apr 15, 2009
  10. Ray Fischer

    John A. Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:41:03 -0500, George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    >On 4/14/09 5:49 PM, in article ,
    >"John A." <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:36:02 -0500, George Kerby
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> On 4/14/09 1:23 PM, in article
    >>> , "Twibil"

    >>> Not smart enough to control Bubba with flying ashtrays.

    >>> "White Shark"?!? A Freudian slip?

    >>> The "recent election" - referring to Primary 2008 where she got her ass
    >>> kicked.

    >> Wow! If that's what you call getting your ass kicked, what the heck do
    >> you call what happened to McCain?

    >Just in case you don't know: Most people would not call a 53% - 47% margin
    >an "ass-kicking".
    >
    ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008>

    53% to 46% by that source actually.

    >Was only slightly more one more point than Bush "stole the election" that
    >you raving bleating DemoCraps cry.
    >
    ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2004>

    Actually, it was 2000 that he stole, in which Gore got the popular
    vote.

    >An "asswhippin'" is more like 66% - 34%: Hillary got handed her fat pantsuit
    >ass handed to because of Super Delegate voting. I personally voted for Obama
    >in the Primary - to keep her insane ass anywhere NEAR the White House. And
    >then he goes and gives her a position to keep her from throwing shit at him.
    >Go figure!
    >
    ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)_presidential_
    >primaries,_2008#Superdelegates>

    Or, to come a bit closer to comparing apples to apples, the pledged
    delegates were 52% - 48%.

    And to compare actual apples, the popular vote in the Dem primaries
    was 48.0% - 47.8%
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/democratic_vote_count.html

    Now, if you want a bit more apples-to-apples comparison between the
    national election results and the Dem delegate count you'd have to
    compare total delegates to electoral votes:

    Dem delegates
    Obama: 54%
    Clinton: 46%

    Electoral votes