Re: I DRINK YOUR BLOOD dvd NOW!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by HellRazor, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. HellRazor

    HellRazor Guest

    "GRNDHOUSE" <> wrote in message
    > DELUXE EDITION DVD NOW AVAILABLE!!!
    > www.IDrinkYourBlood.com
    >
    > Thank you for your patience. We are sure you will agree that this DVD was

    well
    > worth the wait! Still to come - spectacular Deluxe Edition releases of

    CANNIBAL
    > HOLOCAUST and PIECES -- both featuring mind-bending new hi-definition

    digital
    > re-masters and tons of extras!!!

    Well worth the wait!

    This flick is delightfully cheezy...over the top performances, rabid hippies
    and construction workers, bad gore effects,
    an annoying child actor, animal mutilations (weren't PETA or the Humane
    Society around in those days? They would have had a fit!), grandpa tripping
    on acid, rabid lunatics waving chopped-off heads and limbs...great early
    70's exploitation, and surprisingly well made - certainly miles above most
    other similar efforts from that time period, more competently made than any
    of H.G. Lewis' stuff (blasphemy, I know).

    The print quality is pretty spectacular, especially considering the era and
    drive-in market for which it was made (not to mention that most of the
    prints were cut to shreds by distributors to avoid the wrath of the MPAA
    when it was sent out without the cuts they ordered). Except for one or two
    rough spots, the quality is prestine. The print is a "directors cut" which
    includes the gore footage ordered cut by the MPAA (somewhat tame by today's
    standards of course) , as well as some camp/comic relief scenes that the
    distributor forced the director to remove before its release.

    The DVD is packed with extra features. Audio commentary by director David
    Durston and star Bhaskar, 4 deleted scenes (to include an alternate ending),
    outtakes (mostly film scraps here, but still interesting), current
    interviews by the director with several of the cast members, a short video
    of a speech given by the director while accepting a trophy during a Cult
    Movies magazine award ceremony, the original trailer and radio spot,
    biographies/filmographies, still gallery, and more. The special edition is
    limited to 500 copies, and is signed by Durston, as well as by cast members
    Lynn Lowry, Bhaskar, Tyde Kierney, and Jack Damon. An easter egg contains
    the opening scene and credits from I EAT YOUR SKIN, which was paired with I
    DRINK YOUR BLOOD for one of the most famous drive-in double bills in
    history. The booklet that comes with it unfolds into a reproduction of the
    famous poster for this double bill. Other "coming attraction" trailers on
    the DVD include CANNIBAL FEROX, THE BEYOND, CAT IN THE BRAIN, and CANNIBAL
    HOLOCAUST.

    All in all, a pretty nifty little slice of groovy 1970's Manson-inspired
    mayhem, and a nice addition to the DVD collection. Well worth the 30 bucks
    if you're a fan of horror or exploitation flicks.

    HellRazor

    HellRazor, Jun 30, 2003