Re: i dont understand ....

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Feb 20, 2011.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Information" <> wrote in message news:...

    > theres a LOT about voip i dont understand
    >
    > PBXes.com is one of them

    I think I remember roughly what you were trying to achieve. Why don't you re-state
    your requirements and what you have tried, and we'll take it from there?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Feb 20, 2011

  2. In article <>,
    Information <> wrote:
    >Graham. wrote:
    >> I think I remember roughly what you were trying to achieve. Why don't
    >> you re-state your requirements and what you have tried, and we'll take it
    >> from there?

    >First thing i want to do is have FUN , this stuff is interesting
    >I have been playing with Voip for err 3/4 years and have built
    >up a lot of accounts , more than i need but its good to play!
    >Gradwell/voipfone/freespeech/voipuser/skype/sipgate
    >5 numbers on flextel ( forwarding only ) and a Grandstream 2020
    >
    >I can get the grandstream2020 to log into all my accounts individually
    >but as soon as i try to fill all six lines on the GS2020 it will only allow
    >2 providers , so i have been reliably and daily using voipfone and gradwell.
    >( this i have been told is likely a port forwarding issue but i give up )

    There should be no issues doing this. However what you probably don't
    want to do is activate any port-forwarding on your router, and see if it
    has a SIP ALG, and if-so turn it off. You'll need to google for this, but
    it will be obvious if you put your router name into google with SIP ALG.

    I have no issues with multiple accounts on my grandstreams, although I
    only have the 4-account models GXP2000 and GXP2100.

    Alternatively... If you just have ONE phone behond your router, you can
    port-forward 5060 and whatever RTP port rannge you are using to the phone
    - make sure it's on a fixed IP address inside your LAN, but you need to
    tell the phone what your external IP address is. If you don't get a fixed
    IP address from your proider, or have more than one phone on your LAN,
    then I'd no go down this route.

    >Just for eternity of anyone else passing through , interestingly i have now
    >found out i can have MULTIPLE lines/numbers from the two different
    >providers in use on the GS2020

    That's perfectly do-able - nothing special and should be no real
    difference to multiple accounts on multiple providers.

    >ie/ i have had the GS2020 working with 2 numbers from gradwell and
    >3 numbers from voipfone
    >
    >I will do another post about PBXes

    I don't know much about pbxes - guessing you mean http://pbxes.com/
    but it looks like it's a basic, free PBX service that allows you to
    register phones into it and have it register to multiple providers...

    However the free one looks like it has a limit of 5 trunks (external
    SIP providers) - which is less than your GXP2020...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Feb 20, 2011

  3. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Information" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Graham. wrote:
    >> I think I remember roughly what you were trying to achieve. Why don't
    >> you re-state > your requirements and what you have tried, and we'll take it from there?

    > My current state of play is to get PBXes.com working , and even
    > fully understand what it is ! which i dont , i found the wiki is mainly
    > empty and theres LOTS of terms i dont understand.
    >
    > For the moment can we just consider INBOUND , i essentially want
    > an inbound call to RING on multiple phones.
    >
    > My understanding is you could call PBXes a HUB , you register as TRUNKS
    > all your accounts in my case ... I have entered details and have a "GREEN EGG"
    > in STATUS on PBXes.com for freespeech/voipuser/sipgate
    >
    > So im guessing PBXes is happy with those 3 accounts and is connecting to them
    > ready to deal with any calls that come through.
    >
    > My question is HOW DO I GET THOSE CALLS NOW
    >
    > Should i be using the GS2020 to LOG INTO PBXes as though its a
    > provider , or do calls to freespeech/voipuser/sipgate esentially get
    > forwarded to another number that i have logged into IE gradwell
    >
    > Looking at PBXes.com menu is has links as follows....
    >
    > SETUP PBXs which is a waste of time this does nothing
    > EXTENSIONS... i cant get my head around what i have to do here
    > TRUNKS ... seems to accept and log into my providers sucessfully
    > INBOUND ROUTING - not sure what to do
    > OUTBOUND ROUTING - not sure what to do

    Inbound routeing is key here nothing is going to happen until you create one.

    Set "Trunk" to the exact same name as the trunk you created for pbxes to receive calls on.
    Initially, to prove it works, set the destination (regular hours) to Callthru PIN and enter a PIN of your choice.
    Now when you call the trunk you should be prompted for the PIN and when it is entered you should hear a dial-tone.

    Once you have got that far we can do something useful.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Feb 20, 2011
  4. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Information" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Set "Trunk" to the exact same name as the trunk you created for pbxes
    >> to receive calls on. Initially, to prove it works, set the destination (regular hours) to
    >> Callthru PIN and enter a PIN of your choice. Now when you call the
    >> trunk you should be prompted for the PIN and when it is entered you
    >> should hear a dial-tone.

    > This is where is all going wrong on INBOUND !
    > Whats the minimum number of boxes needed top get it working and
    > what would you fill in for say SIPGATE
    >
    > Trunk:
    > Caller ID Number:
    > Set Destination
    > Regular Hours
    > SIP URI:
    > Hangup
    > Special Services
    > Callthru PIN:
    > After Hours
    > SIP URI:
    > Hangup
    > Regular Hours:
    > Days:
    > Regular Hours:
    > Days:
    > Regular Hours:
    > Days:
    > No override (obey the above settings)
    > Force regular hours
    > Force after hours
    > CID name prefix:
    > Privacy Manager:

    For our purposes now, just the two items I mentioned.
    So eg. if your Sipgate trunk is called SIPGATE, call the inbound route SIPGATE
    put a tick and some digits in the dialthrou PIN and leave everything else
    blank or at the default.

    On the left of the GUI you should now have a single entry "SIPGATE/"
    If you end up with a second called "/ "(slash by itself) delete it.

    Now call the Sipgate line...

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%