Re: I could have said this (but I didn't!)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andrew Taylor, Oct 14, 2009.

  1. "~BD~" <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:...

    > If you go here
    > http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=BoaterDave&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    > you may learn something about this 'noob'!

    Are you a timeshifter David or do you have a time machine?

    General Information
    a.. Last Activity: 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    b.. Join Date: 09-21-2007
    c.. Referrals: 0
    You last posted 38 years before you joined this boating forum!
    Andrew Taylor, Oct 14, 2009

  2. Andrew Taylor

    N. Miller Guest

    On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:14:40 -0400, Andrew Taylor wrote:

    > "~BD~" <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> If you go here
    >> http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=BoaterDave&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    >> you may learn something about this 'noob'!

    > Are you a timeshifter David or do you have a time machine?
    >
    > General Information
    > a.. Last Activity: 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    > b.. Join Date: 09-21-2007
    > c.. Referrals: 0
    > You last posted 38 years before you joined this boating forum!

    He may have found a way to apply thiotimoline to computers. Or, perhaps, has
    a hardware accessory which is built using chroniton.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    N. Miller, Oct 14, 2009

  3. you joined a boating forum in 2007, but your last activity (posting) on that
    forum was in 1969.

    --
    Andrew Taylor
    Mississauga - Ontario

    Andrew Taylor, Oct 15, 2009
  4. Andrew Taylor

    NormanM Guest

    On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:59:57 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

    > I am well aware that Google knows everything but why - do YOU think -
    > would a run-of-the-mill newsgroup poster have copies of messages which I
    > made years ago. I *must* be *really* special, eh?!!

    Maybe he is a packrat, like I am.

    > On the other hand, he may have copies of all of *your* personal posts
    > too. Is that likely, do you think? Would you care?

    Not really. Considering that some fool spammer has forged my email address
    in some postings, a person would have to be able to do more than just look
    at the NNTP-Posting email address to be sure of anything, anyway.

    NormanM, Oct 15, 2009
  5. "~BD~" <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Andrew Taylor wrote:
    >> you joined a boating forum in 2007, but your last activity (posting) on
    >> that forum was in 1969.
    >>

    > I'm still lost, Andrew.
    >
    > What 'Boating' forum? (have you a URL?)
    >
    > I don't post on any boating forum - nor ever have, AFAICR!

    Here you go http://forums.boatingmag.com/member.php?u=2173

    My Boston Whaler was serviced yesterday and put into storage today :>( Roll
    on the Spring!
    Andrew Taylor, Oct 21, 2009
  6. Andrew Taylor

    ~BD~ Guest

    Andrew Taylor wrote:
    > "~BD~" <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Andrew Taylor wrote:
    >>> you joined a boating forum in 2007, but your last activity (posting) on
    >>> that forum was in 1969.
    >>>

    >> I'm still lost, Andrew.
    >>
    >> What 'Boating' forum? (have you a URL?)
    >>
    >> I don't post on any boating forum - nor ever have, AFAICR!
    >>

    > Here you go http://forums.boatingmag.com/member.php?u=2173
    >
    > My Boston Whaler was serviced yesterday and put into storage today :>( Roll
    > on the Spring!

    Hey! That's just a tiddler at 20 feet - *my* lady is 60 feet in length!

    Accordingly, you will appreciate that *that* BoaterDave is not/was not
    *me*! What's in a Name? eh?

    > My Boston Whaler was serviced yesterday and put into storage today

    :>( Roll on the Spring!

    That will be one less thing to worry about then! ;)

    Did you actually take it onto the water beforehand?

    Did you catch a fish?

    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Oct 21, 2009
  7. "~BD~" <> wrote in message

    > Hey! That's just a tiddler at 20 feet - *my* lady is 60 feet in length!

    Shorter than 20 foot, it is 15' 3". It does however travel at 55 KPH. I
    checked it with my car GPS.

    > Accordingly, you will appreciate that *that* BoaterDave is not/was not
    > *me*! What's in a Name? eh?

    Wow, two Boater Daves :)

    > > My Boston Whaler was serviced yesterday and put into storage today

    > :>( Roll on the Spring!
    >
    > That will be one less thing to worry about then! ;)
    >
    > Did you actually take it onto the water beforehand?

    I went out 2 weeks ago just for one day, then last week, I went out 2 days
    on Lake Ontario, but on day 3, there were Atlantic rollers breaking in the
    river mouth, so I just went up river a bit.

    > Did you catch a fish?

    Ahem.. not a thing! I even had a fish finder and two rods out. Still, I
    always say catching a fish is a bonus, it is the peace, solitude and
    communing with nature that I like.
    Andrew Taylor, Oct 21, 2009
  8. "~BD~" <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    > In line:
    >
    > Andrew Taylor wrote:
    >> "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Hey! That's just a tiddler at 20 feet - *my* lady is 60 feet in length!

    >> Shorter than 20 foot, it is 15' 3". It does however travel at 55 KPH. I
    >> checked it with my car GPS.

    > That's a fair turn of speed! We usually make around two to three MPH!

    Fast enough for me on water. I don't think I would like 3 MPH!

    >>> Accordingly, you will appreciate that *that* BoaterDave is not/was not
    >>> *me*! What's in a Name? eh?

    >> Wow, two Boater Daves :)

    > Hahaha! :) Double trouble some might say!

    Indeed, and you should try and meet him!

    >>> :>( Roll on the Spring!
    >>>
    >>> That will be one less thing to worry about then! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Did you actually take it onto the water beforehand?

    >> I went out 2 weeks ago just for one day, then last week, I went out 2
    >> days on Lake Ontario, but on day 3, there were Atlantic rollers breaking
    >> in the river mouth, so I just went up river a bit.

    > Sounds odd that - Atlantic rollers, combined with lake and river mouth!

    Well, Lake Ontario is an inland 'sea', so huge a body of (fresh) water that
    the horizon rests on water. As I lived for 17.5 years on the Atlantic, I saw
    the waves from Lake Ontario as Atlantic rollers. Fire up Google Earth and
    look at 'Port Credit, Ontario'.

    >>> Did you catch a fish?
    >>>

    >> Ahem.. not a thing! I even had a fish finder and two rods out. Still, I
    >> always say catching a fish is a bonus, it is the peace, solitude and
    >> communing with nature that I like.

    > Better luck next year! I understand about "communing with nature" - that
    > is why I was once so surprised to learn that you've gone to live in
    > Canada, with the huge tracts of unspoilt land, yet you chose to live in a
    > city! Crazy! ;)

    Well, I followed my heart, and she had a house in a city, in Canada. I am 20
    minutes from the lake to the south, and 10 minutes north puts me in the
    country. I read that 80% of Canadians live within 100 KM of the US/Canada
    border. That means 20% lives in the rest, which is hugely vast!!! One
    benefit of living in a city is that anything you need is only minutes away.
    Andrew Taylor, Oct 22, 2009