Re: I am Trying to copy the Files from the Rovered drive to a USB Drive..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Taylor, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. Dave Taylor

    Dave Taylor Guest

    OZZY Boy <> wrote in
    news::

    > Or is there a Tool that will let me copy the This drive..

    If it is NTFS, then you need to "take Ownership" because they are probably
    System files.
    "Who lock me" is also useful

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Oct 15, 2008

  2. Dave Taylor

    Richard Guest

    OZZY Boy wrote:

    > These are Spare files on a diffrent drive than XP, one was a Dr Watson dump file, I don't think
    > that was a system file..

    Have you checked the permissions of the file?

    Richard, Oct 15, 2008

  3. In message <>, OZZY Boy wrote:

    > These are stacks of files ...

    A Linux system can copy millions of files no problem.

    > ... and this computer in not on a newwork ...

    Would an oldwork make any difference?

    > ... and it does not list the file full name.

    I thought "short" names only existed on VFAT volumes, not NTFS ones. Are you
    sure you're talking NTFS?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 15, 2008