    DEEP DISCOUNT uses this same warehouse and that is why I quit using them
    From now on I am going strictle with DVD PACIFIC!!!!

    J. Alfred Prufrock, Oct 11, 2003

  2. I am also through with DVD Planet. I pre-ordered Treasure of Sierra Madre
    that was released on 9-30-03. I called them yesterday to see why I haven't
    received it. They told me it shipped out yesterday (10-9-03!). I asked why
    when it was pre-ordered? They said they were out of stock. I asked how
    could that be when it was pre-ordered and they knew how many they were
    going to need to ship. They said .....well.....er......the studio shipped
    it late.

    I actually wouldn't mind so much if a:) they would have sent me an email on
    Sept. 30 telling me that they were sorry and it will not ship out for
    another 10 days, AND b:) if they guy I talked to on the phone didn't have a
    snotty, screw you attitude.

    Sometimes I think this organization has absolutely no idea what customer
    service means to customer retention and keeping a company successful in the
    long run. Or, perhaps they just don't give a damn.

    HJ

    Henry Jaclounge, Oct 11, 2003

  3. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Biz Guest

    So you have it shipped to your work address, where you CAN sign for it....I
    still don't understand why they arent refunding your shipping that you didnt
    get but paid for?...Unless you were a total asshole to them, kinda like how
    your posts make you come off...
    "J. Alfred Prufrock" <> wrote in message
    > My post was misleading and i am sorry for this
    > I spoke again later today with a supervisor at DVD PLANETand this is what

    I found out.
    > I wanted my order shipped PRIORITY MAIL thru the POST OFFICE
    > I paid $12.50 extra for next day shipping + $8.00 shipping charges as It

    was my daughter's birthday
    > and some of the DVD"s I ordered NO ONE had in stock.
    > The supervisor informed me that my order was shipped regular UPS and NOT

    POSTAL.
    > even tho I paid for Priority shipping.
    > The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping

    method and they will
    > always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is cheaper even tho I paid

    $20.50 for postage
    > it cost the warehouse $4.95 to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage
    > I am 50 miles from the nearest UPS station so I am spending gas for a 100

    mile round trip when I
    > am only 5 mins. away from my Post Office.
    > Since UPS requires a signature they will not leave it without a signature

    and I work during the day

    Biz, Oct 11, 2003
  4. In article <>,

    Why the **** should we believe you this time? You post this A MONTH AGO:

    >> Just wondering if anyone is still using DVD planet
    >> I truied calling and still cannot get thru
    >> get disconnected after 15 min.

    And then you ordered from them anyway. What is wrong with you!? You
    bitched incessantly about how bad they were and then you ordered again!?
    How the **** stupid can one person be?

    Ura Dippschitt, Oct 11, 2003
  5. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, J. Alfred Prufrock <> wrote:
    >The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping method and they will
    >always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is cheaper even tho I paid $20.50 for postage
    >it cost the warehouse $4.95 to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage

    While I think you are right to be annoyed at the poor service, you
    are not "out the $15.55 postage". They are legally obligated to
    refund you the difference (though you may have to remind them to do
    it), and if you ask they may well remit all the shipping charges
    since they admit they did not do what you paid them to do.

    This is a perennial gripe with Deep Discount DVD (the same company):
    pay for priority mail, still get DVDs by media mail.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Stan Brown <> wrote:

    > In article <> in
    > alt.video.dvd, J. Alfred Prufrock <> wrote:
    > >The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping
    > >method and they will always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is
    > >cheaper even tho I paid $20.50 for postage it cost the warehouse $4.95
    > >to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage

    > While I think you are right to be annoyed at the poor service, you
    > are not "out the $15.55 postage". They are legally obligated to
    > refund you the difference (though you may have to remind them to do
    > it), and if you ask they may well remit all the shipping charges
    > since they admit they did not do what you paid them to do.
    >
    > This is a perennial gripe with Deep Discount DVD (the same company):
    > pay for priority mail, still get DVDs by media mail.

    This is a perennial misunderstanding about DDD... (aside from the fact
    that priority mail is no longer priority mail, but rather UPS)...

    The first shipment is sent priority, the remaining shipments for out of
    stock or preordered items are sent media mail. It's always been that
    way.

    Frank Malczewski, Oct 12, 2003
  7. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <1g2of7m.1oh01oo1kamss4N%> in
    alt.video.dvd, Frank Malczewski <> wrote:
    >This is a perennial misunderstanding about DDD... (aside from the fact
    >that priority mail is no longer priority mail, but rather UPS)...
    >
    >The first shipment is sent priority, the remaining shipments for out of
    >stock or preordered items are sent media mail. It's always been that
    >way.

    Bzzt! Wrong, but thanks for playing.

    My experience, not once but twice, was that Deep Discount DVD sent
    my order in one shipment but by media mail when I had paid for
    priority mail. The first time was two summers ago, and the second
    was some months after that. Since then I no longer even order
    priority mail.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Oct 12, 2003
  8. J. Alfred Prufrock

    luminos Guest

    I simply always order free shipping, and have no expectations of receiving
    anything in less than 10 days. If I have other requirements, I do not use
    this company.

    luminos, Oct 12, 2003
  9. Stan Brown <> wrote:

    > In article <1g2of7m.1oh01oo1kamss4N%> in
    > alt.video.dvd, Frank Malczewski <> wrote:
    > >This is a perennial misunderstanding about DDD... (aside from the fact
    > >that priority mail is no longer priority mail, but rather UPS)...
    > >
    > >The first shipment is sent priority, the remaining shipments for out of
    > >stock or preordered items are sent media mail. It's always been that
    > >way.

    > Bzzt! Wrong, but thanks for playing.
    >
    > My experience, not once but twice, was that Deep Discount DVD sent
    > my order in one shipment but by media mail when I had paid for
    > priority mail. The first time was two summers ago, and the second
    > was some months after that. Since then I no longer even order
    > priority mail.

    bzzt! wrong yourself. read their shipping policy. sure shit happens,
    but what I stated above was their policy, and was always what happened
    the few times I did priority mail. now that they use UPS for "priority
    shipping", there's no point, as media mail arrives just as quickly.

    Frank Malczewski, Oct 13, 2003
  10. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <1g2qfbb.eolipp3iqmv4N%> in
    alt.video.dvd, Frank Malczewski <> wrote:
    >bzzt! wrong yourself. read their shipping policy. sure shit happens,
    >but what I stated above was their policy, and was always what happened
    >the few times I did priority mail.

    Good grief! You really are a thickie, aren't you.

    You are talking about multiple shipments on one order; I was talking
    about one shipment on one order. It certainly was not their stated
    policy that if you pay for priority shipping and your whole order
    comes in one shipment they'll just pocket your money and ship media
    mail.

    It wasn't their stated policy, but it's what they actually did.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Oct 13, 2003
  11. "luminos" <> wrote in message
    > I simply always order free shipping, and have no expectations of receiving
    > anything in less than 10 days. If I have other requirements, I do not use
    > this company.

    They have actually been pretty good to me my last three orders. 2 shipments
    in 5 days and one in 7 days. I do not see why people complain about FREE
    media mail, I actually get stuff faster sometimes then UPS.

    Ratmaster2000, Oct 13, 2003