Re: I am sick and tired of Anonymizer.com (Any alternatives?)

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by zsdfoiwekl@asrdfpo.com, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hello Starwars,

    I can tell you from what I have from anonymizer.

    The $100 package (with annual renewal) gets you the F-Secure SSH File
    Transfer Client which enables you to securely transfer files between yout
    and host server. All types of files can be transferred. It is secure because
    it's encrypted and you must login to a server. I hate to be hawking
    Anonymizer because they have really crappy customer service and lately they
    have had several server failures, the most recent lasted about 20 hours. I
    guess they don't believe in redundant systems. Whey they are down, you have
    to reconfigure your browser back to the normal way and anything that goes
    through your ISP is unprotected, so basically you are dead in the water
    until they get their server back up and running. I also half expect them to
    have another failure soon that will require you to download a new version in
    order to access their server again. Shades of JAP.
    If you want to get a visual of how this tunnel thing works, here is a link
    to the Anonymizer graphic that shows you.
    www.onlineprivacystore.com/products/secure_tunneling/infograph.html
    , Sep 6, 2003