Re: Huge number or funny character directories auto-created under ftproot of web server

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trevor Smith, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Trevor Smith

    Trevor Smith Guest

    "Nadeem Hussain" <> wrote in message
    > Under the ftproot folder on webserver, I discovered huge number of
    > funny character directories auto-created, i.e.
    > "X:\Inetpub\ftproot\com1
    > \tEsT\tagged\by\-\for\moviez\3_Engel_fr_Charlie_(DivX)_German "
    > There are no viruses found on the server.
    >
    > I want to know if this a Microsoft issue or Anti-virus issue. I called
    > McAfee and they said that if there are no viruses on the server, it is
    > not he virus issue...

    Can't help with your problem, except to note:

    Engel (German) = Angel (English). I guess you can work out 'moviez' and
    'Charlie'!

    Trevor.

    Trevor Smith, Jul 9, 2003