Re: HTML5 Canvas demo

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Simon, Jun 10, 2010.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    On Jun 9, 7:27 pm, wrote:
    > Have you seen what can be  done with javascript and HTML5 ?
    >
    > http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/asteroids/

    Very interesting. It will be interesting to see what projects we can
    use HTML 5 for instead of Macromedia Flash, although I suspect debate
    amongst the HTML and Flash religious sects of our development team,
    will also prove to be quite entertaining!

    Simon, Jun 10, 2010

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    On Jun 10, 9:27 pm, Allistar <> wrote:

    > I wonder what Apple's stance on this will be since it allows for the
    > development and deployment of pretty much fully functional applications
    > using only javascript. People could write what can be seen as "apps" using
    > this approach, and Apple may not like that for the same reason they don't
    > like Flash.

    Yes, it'll be very interesting to see what Apple's stance on HTML5
    will be, given the significant revenue streams emanating from the App
    store and iTunes. As you point out, HTML5 web-based apps will be
    written that will make many (but not necessarily all) of the on-device
    apps irrelevant.

    This could be a very thorny problems for Apple to deal with.

    Simon, Jun 11, 2010

  3. Simon

    Another Me Guest

    On 11/06/10 7:05 PM, Simon wrote:
    > On Jun 10, 9:27 pm, Allistar<> wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder what Apple's stance on this will be since it allows for the
    >> development and deployment of pretty much fully functional applications
    >> using only javascript. People could write what can be seen as "apps" using
    >> this approach, and Apple may not like that for the same reason they don't
    >> like Flash.

    > Yes, it'll be very interesting to see what Apple's stance on HTML5
    > will be, given the significant revenue streams emanating from the App
    > store and iTunes. As you point out, HTML5 web-based apps will be
    > written that will make many (but not necessarily all) of the on-device
    > apps irrelevant.
    >
    > This could be a very thorny problems for Apple to deal with.

    Apple classes HTML5 as one of the two approved development platforms for iOS

    Another Me, Jun 11, 2010