Re: HSRP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bod43, Jun 25, 2010.

  1. bod43

    bod43 Guest

    On 23 June, 09:26, Fellugh <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is it possible to plug into two routers with HSRP 2 differents type of
    > links : ie LL 2m and a ADSL link.

    Yes.

    bod43, Jun 25, 2010

  2. bod43

    Daniel-G Guest

    bod43 said the following on 25/06/2010 01:31:
    > On 23 June, 09:26, Fellugh<> wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to plug into two routers with HSRP 2 differents type of
    >> links : ie LL 2m and a ADSL link.

    > Yes.

    I wonder how unless the 2 links share the same subnet
    The virtual address is on the same subnet AFAIK.
    The only way I can see is to have a tunnel on each interface and set up
    the hsrp address inside the tunnel.
    But that way is not very useful for if you have 2 tunnels it is enough
    to watch which one is up

    Am I silly?

    Daniel-G, Jun 25, 2010