Re: HP W2408 Monitor goes to sleep as computer begins booting up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Aug 26, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:23:51 -0500, Billy Bob Browning wrote:

    > This started this week. When I attempt to boot up in Vista Ultimate x32
    > the screen lights up fine until after I tell it which operating system
    > to load. When I put the line over Vista and press enter a message comes
    > on the screen saying the "monitor is going to sleep"
    >
    > Nothing I do brings it back. I can boot into safe mode and work there
    > with no problems.
    >
    > I can boot into Windows 7 and the monitor works fine.
    >
    > This is annoying as hell! I have a lot of financial stuff Ineed to do on
    > Vista and I cant get to it.
    >
    > I tried a system restore and it seemed to work, but when the system
    > rebooted, the screen when dark again. I'm using a GT 240 Geoforce made
    > by Nvidia.
    >
    > My computer is an HP media center PC with 2.4ghz and dual quad cores.
    >
    > What gives with this?

    Highlight Vista, press F8 scroll down and see if it will boot into the
    low-resolution mode. If so and it's not actually running in Safe Mode you
    can visit NVIDA and download then install the latest graphics driver.
    That 'should' solve the problem.

    Meat Plow, Aug 26, 2010