Re: HP Recovery problems

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tony, May 7, 2007.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I recently had to fix an HP with the same problem. It looked like it restored but it didnt. I talked
    to the idiots in India and they said it was the Recovery CD I was using. I told them there was no cd
    and I was using the recovery image that was located on the recovery partition of their hard drive.
    They told me that the image was probably corrupt and they sent me the cds for free (they wanted to
    charge $35 or so).

    I tried the cds and the same thing happened. I cloned the hard drive and tried to recover but it was
    a no go. I tried to recover using the new cds and a new hard drive and it still didnt work. I called
    HP India again and TOLD them it had to be the motherboard. They had me send it to them (still under
    warranty) and it was the motherboard. Good luck dealing with these morons. They must go to the same
    school as Dell support.

    Tony

    Tony, May 7, 2007

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    >> I tried the cds and the same thing happened. I cloned the hard drive and tried to recover but it was
    >> a no go. I tried to recover using the new cds and a new hard drive and it still didnt work. I called
    >> HP India again and TOLD them it had to be the motherboard. They had me send it to them (still under
    >> warranty) and it was the motherboard. Good luck dealing with these morons. They must go to the same
    >> school as Dell support.

    > Do you have any reason to believe that it isn't the same call center?

    No. You are probably right. Dell, HP, AOL. All terrible. Useless, hard to understand, slow as all
    hell. They need to read their instructions books faster. There is nothing like having a live chat
    with these guys and waiting 6 minutes for a responsse.

    Tony, May 9, 2007