Re: HP PRINTER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by meerkat, Sep 17, 2008.

  1. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    > PRINTER: HP DESKJEY3650. 3 YEARS OLD
    > WINDOWS XP
    > Problem started without warning a few days ago. I try to print a file
    > and nothing seems to happen, except that the printer makes a few
    > noises like its moving things around. Then it stops and no matter
    > how long I wait nothing happens. Meanwhile the file is stcuk in a
    > queue waiting to be printed, and I can't print anything else because
    > of this. If I try to delete the file I just get the DELETING FILE
    > message When I right click on the printer icon I get the DELETE:
    > 1FILE PENDING message.
    > I uninstalled the software. I could not find the original
    > installation cds so downloaded the drivers from the HP site. Same
    > problem.
    >
    > I don't know wether the problem is the printer, or the driver software
    > or some setting on XP. I'm thinking of buying a new printer but if
    > the problem is my XP settings then it will be a waste of money. Any
    > suggestions welcome.

    First thing to do, is to localise the problem, so:
    Do a selftest on the printer..

    Just Google HP DESKJEY3650 selftest, if you can`t find
    your original CD..

    bw..
    meerkat, Sep 17, 2008

  2. meerkat wrote:

    > Just Google HP DESKJEY3650 selftest, if you can`t find
    > your original CD..

    You may have been making a joke (I don't know for sure), but Googling
    for:

    HP DESKJET 3650 self test

    will surely give better results. <g>

    There aren't many Deskjey printers out there.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 17, 2008