Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall an operating system?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:02:53 -0500, Rock Everest <>
    wrote:

    >What in the Sam Himmel should I do from here?

    Your version of XP probably is old and does not have SATA drivers. Go into
    the BIOS and disable SATA mode. If there is no option for that, upgrade the
    BIOS, then disable it. Then install XP, update it and when done you should be
    able to go back into BIOS and re-enable SATA.

    Or, get yourself a copy of XP w/ SATA drivers included (SP 2+ I think). You
    can slipstream SP3 into the version you already have, but that's a different
    topic.

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    chuckcar Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:02:53 -0500, Rock Everest
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>What in the Sam Himmel should I do from here?

    > Your version of XP probably is old and does not have SATA drivers. Go
    > into the BIOS and disable SATA mode. If there is no option for that,
    > upgrade the BIOS, then disable it. Then install XP, update it and when
    > done you should be able to go back into BIOS and re-enable SATA.
    >
    > Or, get yourself a copy of XP w/ SATA drivers included (SP 2+ I think).
    > You can slipstream SP3 into the version you already have, but that's a
    > different topic.

    Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 8, 2009

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

    So what? It can still have XP on it, dumbass.

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

    Do some research before you type and you'll look a little less foolish.

    The OP has a "HP Pavillion DV6000", lets assume it's a CTO (Custom to Order),
    not that it matters.

    Go to:
    http://www.hp.com/#Support

    Select "Download drivers and software (and firmware)"

    And type or paste:

    HP Pavillion DV6000

    Look at the OS's that are supported:

    » Microsoft Windows Vista
    » Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
    » Microsoft Windows XP
    » Microsoft Windows XP x64
    » Microsoft Windows 2000

    Now, STFU. You are making a fool out of yourself (again).

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009
  5. G. Morgan

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:36:32 -0500, G. Morgan <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Not even close loser: it *comes* with *VISTA*.

    >So what? It can still have XP on it, dumbass.

    I have an idea - ask him what 1+1 is. Maybe we (tinw) can have a few days
    without him while he tries to figure it out.

    --
    Q. Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
    A. That depends on whether by `stamp out' you mean `eliminate'

    Mara, Oct 9, 2009
  6. G. Morgan

    Tony Guest

    Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall anoperating system?

    I think Chuck has UBB on the brain syndrome on top of shellshock from the
    FROGThrottle boxes.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 9, 2009
  7. G. Morgan

    Tony Guest

    Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall anoperating system?

    Chuck is almost to the part where he tells Rock to take everything out of his
    computer except one stick of RAM and the power supply. Of course we all know
    except Chuck that Rock's computer will soon be nothing but a lead weight if he
    follows Chuck's advice.

    Tony, Oct 9, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:53:20 -0500, Mara <>
    wrote:

    >I have an idea - ask him what 1+1 is. Maybe we (tinw) can have a few days
    >without him while he tries to figure it out.

    He hasn't been back, I reckon he's still cipherin' that one.

    G. Morgan, Oct 14, 2009
  9. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:32:40 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >>He hasn't been back, I reckon he's still cipherin' that one.

    >I wish. He's made a few posts today, and as usual, he's incorrect.

    I must have trained mine eyes to avert his musings. Ah, all is normal. He
    crawfished out of this thread when I presented him with the truth.

    G. Morgan, Oct 14, 2009