Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall an operating system?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 8, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Rock Everest <> wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have this notebook HP Pavillion DV6000. The friend was trying to
    > play a diablo game on it, but the game which was an older version
    > would not work on Vista Home Premium.
    >
    > So I removed Vista, and tried to load Windows XP Pro.
    > no dice!

    No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
    brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

    > So I
    > then installed Vista Ultimate successfully for him. A few weeks later
    > he informed that the game still wouldn't work with ultimate either.
    >
    > So I tried loading Windows 2000 Pro. That wouldn't load.
    >

    > Next I formatted the hard drive and fdisked it.
    >
    > Then I tried to install several different operating systems from
    > DVD-ROM, but none of them would go either.
    >
    > I've used Hirons utility to set up the drive, but if I boot up, it
    > just goes to a "C" drive and stops. There is nothing on it. When I try
    > to them get it to install from the CD rome, it will run for a while
    > and then crap out talking about drivers missing, or ntfs causing an
    > error.
    >
    > What in the Sam Himmel should I do from here?

    1. Install the original OS *with* the restore disks that came with the
    computer having *only* the hardware that came from the factory for that
    computer attached. Then check device manager. If you have *any* drivers
    messed up, you didn't remove everything and you'll have to repeat.

    2. deselecte *all* the junk from startup in msconfig and restart.

    2. Try playing arround with windows compatibility mode. Diablo is a
    windows 95 game, so that is *required* to make it work with anything more
    cuurent than 98SE.

    Here's how windows compatibility mode works:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927386

    The compatibility website can be safely ignored - not much effort went
    into it and it has programs listed that work but says they don't.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 8, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:48:54 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <> wrote:

    >No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
    >brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

    Nothing could be further from the truth. You really are a complete moron.

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall anoperating system?

    Yes he's still wrong and if you need drivers for windows xp or vista or any of
    that sort of shit you just use the driver for the ethernet card then download
    the 100,000 drivers for windows xp and vista dvd off of the internet. It saves
    plenty of time for stupid people who bugger up everything when performing a
    mediocre task.

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:48:54 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >No kiding. I'd bet your half hardware didn't have drivers. You buy a name
    > >brand PC and you're stuck with the OS you get. Period.

    > If chucktard makes a comment, and no one is around to hear it, is he
    > still wrong?

    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 9, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    Re: Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC won't allow me to reinstall anoperating system?

    Probably all that 50 degree below zero weather from that icebox land known as
    Ottawa (Autowa-nker) short-circuited his brain.

    Tony, Oct 9, 2009
  5. In message <>, Tony wrote:
    > Yes he's still wrong and if you need drivers for windows xp or vista or any
    > of
    > that sort of shit you just use the driver for the ethernet card then
    > download
    > the 100,000 drivers for windows xp and vista dvd off of the internet.

    Uh huh. Thats how I got fucked. Finally found a driver for the printer and it
    put a boot sector virus on me xpbox.
    :(

    >It
    > saves
    > plenty of time for stupid people who bugger up everything when performing a
    > mediocre task.

    Just using win-anything is a ginourmous security risk.

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/