Re: HP 720 Printer Software Install abends in XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Oxford Systems, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. "Sweet Andy Licious" <> wrote in message
    > Recently moved from win98 to xp home and tried to install the software

    that
    > came with my old hp 720 printer and it abended. The printer, however,

    seems
    > to work fine without installing the software which comes with it. My
    > question is how do I align after a cartridge change? Asked this question

    of
    > HP and got some long bs answer that seemed to be generated automatically

    and
    > came nowhere near answering my question.
    >
    > It seems xp's plug and play worked ok and found an xp driver for the
    > printer, I just wanted to be able to use the services I'm used to, but
    > because of the abend during install of the software, I can't. The services

    > use in addition to alignment are: testing communications and cleaning the
    > cartridge. Are these services perhaps available some other way?

    Open Control Panel. Go to "Printers and Faxes". Right click on the printer.
    Select "properties" from the menu. Explore the tabs across the top of the
    properties panel. Services like clean and align cartridges are, oddly
    enough, under the "services" tab.

    Oxford Systems, Jul 9, 2003