Re: How to use remote to control video with Canon SX1 IS?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nick, Dec 8, 2009.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "James Egan" <> wrote in message
    >I just got a Canon SX1 IS digital camera, which came with a wireless
    > controller. According to Canon support, it's capable of controlling
    > video. Here's part of Canon's email response:
    >
    > "The remote is pretty straight forward. You can zoom, play, pause, and
    > stop the recording using the remote but the camera will need to be set
    > to the video mode."
    >
    > So, I start the video recording, turn the display so it's facing me, then
    > sit in front of the camera, but none of the buttons on the remote do
    > anything. I double checked that the batteries are installed correctly.
    > The documentation is very vague. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > -Thanks

    Hello,

    the remote does work but I cannot remember how. I do recall that it is not
    user friendly.
    Not of much use to me so I played no more
    I bought one of these cameras a few months back and played with the remote.
    It is quite functional, just badly configuered.

    IIRC the operational instruction is buried somewhere in the sub/sub/sub
    menus.
    The instruction manual on cd contains those instructions. Somewhere.
    Take a deep breath and be prepared for a long afternoon's reading.

    Good luck,

    Nick.

    Nick, Dec 8, 2009