Re: How to use remote to control video with Canon SX1 IS?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bart Bailey, Dec 8, 2009.

  1. Bart Bailey

    Bart Bailey Guest

    In Message-ID:<Q9kTm.356637$1.easynews.com> posted on
    Tue, 08 Dec 2009 03:58:40 GMT, James Egan wrote: Begin

    >I just got a Canon SX1 IS digital camera, which came with a wireless
    >controller. According to Canon support, it's capable of controlling
    >video. Here's part of Canon's email response:
    >
    >"The remote is pretty straight forward. You can zoom, play, pause, and
    >stop the recording using the remote but the camera will need to be set
    >to the video mode."
    >
    >So, I start the video recording, turn the display so it's facing me, then
    >sit in front of the camera, but none of the buttons on the remote do
    >anything. I double checked that the batteries are installed correctly.
    >The documentation is very vague. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    >-Thanks

    Quick check;
    Look at the remote through the camera,
    it should show the IR pulses if it's working.

    Bart Bailey, Dec 8, 2009

  2. Bart Bailey

    Toxic Guest

    On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:04:00 -0800, Bart Bailey wrote:

    > Quick check;
    > Look at the remote through the camera, it should show the IR pulses if
    > it's working.

    He's right.
    My camera will show the IR light from all my remotes
    if I look at them through the viewer, so will the night vision.
    They look greenish.

    Toxic, Dec 10, 2009