Re: How to turn off some vista crap?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Aug 25, 2009

  2. VanguardLH

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 03:34:10 -0500, VanguardLH <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> There is a thing in vista called 'user account monitor' ... How can I
    >> turn this crap off?

    >Google still works for the rest of us. Might work for you, too.
    >
    >http://www.google.com/search?q=+uac +disable +vista

    By your thinking there is no reason for this newsgroup ....we can Google everything
    Why don't you be the first to leave????

    moonface

    Unleash The Fury....
    , Aug 25, 2009

  3. VanguardLH

    Guest

    wrote:

    >On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is a thing in vista called 'user account monitor' ... How can I
    >>> turn this crap off?

    >>Google still works for the rest of us. Might work for you, too.
    >>
    >>http://www.google.com/search?q=+uac +disable +vista

    >By your thinking there is no reason for this newsgroup ....we can Google everything
    >Why don't you be the first to leave????

    This problem, yes google would be the first choice. Other times if you
    google an odd problem, your likely to get it from a website that's
    pulling this newsgroup as their own.

    I asked a question once in this group, I googled first, but nada.
    Refining the search later and my post was the only thing that showed
    up on a google search, linked to a lot of personal web sites. A lot of
    sites alone depend upon this group :)

    This site serves a purpose, but if knew anything about
    vista, he would of known that the subject of the User Account Control
    had been a topic of flustration close to a half a year (give or take)
    before vista was even released.

    For a lot of questions most of time this group, or google isn't
    needed, as the F1 key would of answered the problem. (this being one
    of those times).

    > Also. it seems to replace files with the same name
    > without asking, trashing old files...?

    More info is needed for this one, as the UAC would have nothing to do
    with this, let alone the OS.

    > It's windows that trashed some files with NO WARNING of the file name
    > already existing... that's stupid, after warning that a file that was the same
    > was being replaced with no harm...

    (No warning) of the basic file already exist requester, that gives the
    date and size as well as the name, and the choice to replace or not.

    Yet a requester tells him it will not cause any harm (no requester
    will make that claim).

    PBCK error.

    I'm not saying you don't know your computer systems,
    just you need to spend more time with vista.

    FWIW, I used google for this post <grin>, I didn't trust my spell
    checker, so used google for the correct spelling (Which btw I had
    correct).
    --

    FCC Declares Intention To Enforce Net Neutrality http://tinyurl.com/l63z8j

    The FCC's Network Neutrality Principles [fcc.gov] are:

    Consumers are entitled to access the lawful Internet content of their choice;

    Consumers are entitled to run applications and services of their choice, subject
    to the needs of law enforcement;

    Consumers are entitled to connect their choice of legal devices that do not harm
    the network;

    Consumers are entitled to competition among network providers, application and
    service providers, and content providers.

    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-260435A1.pdf
    , Aug 26, 2009