Re: How to turn off some vista crap?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by XS11E, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    wrote:

    > There is a thing in vista called 'user account monitor' or some
    > such, and it puts up all kinds of alerts when you move files...
    >
    > In the security page in control panel, there seems to be no way to
    > turn it off... only turn it on...
    >
    > How can I turn this crap off?
    >
    > Also. it seems to replace files with the same name without asking,
    > trashing old files... what gives with this shit? Some security...

    It's to protect people with little knowledge of windows from trashing
    their systems, you seem to fit into that group.

    It's easy to turn it off but you should learn more about Vista and
    security and computers than you seem to know now before doing so.

    Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

    Look here also, might be too technical...

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Aug 25, 2009

  2. XS11E

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <>
    was claimed to have wrote:

    >Don't equate knowledge of 'vista' with knowledge of 'computers'... you have no
    >clue what I "seem to know". Your 'delusion of grandeur' attitude marks you as
    >one NOT suited to post in a help group.

    It's not about your knowledge, or lack there of, with Vista.

    Rather, it's your inability to do basic research on the operating system
    you're apparently running that causes you to appear to be less then
    computer literate.

    http://xkcd.com/627/ seems to be ideally suited for this particular
    situation.
    DevilsPGD, Aug 25, 2009

  3. pinched out a steaming pile

    wrote:

    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> There is a thing in vista called 'user account monitor' or some
    >>> such, and it puts up all kinds of alerts when you move files...
    >>>
    >>> In the security page in control panel, there seems to be no way to
    >>> turn it off... only turn it on...
    >>>
    >>> How can I turn this crap off?
    >>>
    >>> Also. it seems to replace files with the same name without asking,
    >>> trashing old files... what gives with this shit? Some security...

    >>It's to protect people with little knowledge of windows from trashing
    >>their systems, you seem to fit into that group.

    >It's windows that trashed some files with NO WARNING of the file name

    already
    >existing... that's stupid, after warning that a file that was the same

    was being
    >replaced with no harm...

    Sure thats vista and not your AV doing that?
    ^_^

    >So vista warns when no damage is being done, and doesn't warn when it

    is? Thanks
    >to the vista system you think so highly of, several files were deleted

    with no
    >warning, something that doesn't even happen with windows 3.1.

    Win 3.1 wont stream audio or do some other things you can do with
    vista.

    >Yes, I fit into the group called "intelligent people", unlike the

    idiots that
    >designed that.

    Then you should be here giving advice on how to harden a vista box
    instead of asking a n00bie question.
    Or, using any number of *nix platforms instead of win-anything.

    >>It's easy to turn it off but you should learn more about Vista and
    >>security and computers than you seem to know now before doing so.

    >Don't equate knowledge of 'vista' with knowledge of 'computers'... you

    have no
    >clue what I "seem to know". Your 'delusion of grandeur' attitude marks

    you as
    >one NOT suited to post in a help group.

    Wah. Use g00gle then.

    >>Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control
    >>
    >>Look here also, might be too technical...
    >>
    >>http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

    Gee, looks like somwon nicer than me decided to do it for you,
    fuckchop.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 25, 2009
  4. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    wrote:

    > It's windows that trashed some files with NO WARNING of the file
    > name already existing... that's stupid, after warning that a file
    > that was the same was being replaced with no harm...
    >
    > So vista warns when no damage is being done, and doesn't warn when
    > it is? Thanks to the vista system you think so highly of, several
    > files were deleted with no warning, something that doesn't even
    > happen with windows 3.1.

    You really are clueless, aren't you? You have no idea what happened,
    do you?

    > Yes, I fit into the group called "intelligent people", unlike the
    > idiots that designed that.

    No, you fit into the group of people to whom "a little knowledge is a
    dangerous thing."

    >>It's easy to turn it off but you should learn more about Vista and
    >>security and computers than you seem to know now before doing so.

    > Don't equate knowledge of 'vista' with knowledge of 'computers'...
    > you have no clue what I "seem to know".

    You've shown us what you know and it's very little.

    > Your 'delusion of grandeur' attitude marks you as one NOT suited to
    > post in a help group.

    Your "I'm too stupid to know when people are trying to help" marks you
    as one going into my killfile.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Aug 25, 2009