Re: How to tidy up programs into folders in XP ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Philips Smith, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:13:22 +1200, "NZed" <> wrote:

    >When I open "all programs" I have too many programs and wish to put them
    >into folders eg "graphics""utilities" etc so that it doesnt fill my whole
    >screen
    >
    >Can some give me instructions how i can go about doing this ?
    >
    >Getting frustrated ...but probably quiet simple !
    >
    >NZed

    When you open all programs that is what you get..

    But if you are refering to short cuts icons on the screen, they can be placed
    into folders..

    Right Click on the screen and a menue pops up, select New/Folder then type
    in the folder name..

    Philips Smith, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Philips Smith

    NZed Guest

    Yes its when I open from the start menu and open all programs ....I want to
    tidy it up so that they go into folders instead of displaying and filling up
    all my screen.
    Any way of doing this ?

    NZed

    NZed, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Philips Smith

    Enkidu Guest

    Assuming XP, right click the start button, select explore, navigate to
    "Start programs", create your folders there and move your shortcuts to
    the correct folders. I haven't tried it, but it should work.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 23, 2003