Re: How to solve DNS related browser problem?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wisdomkiller & pain, Feb 15, 2009.

  1. Ar Q wrote:

    > My computer has XP Professional sp3. My DSL ISP is Etherlink.
    > Firewall and AV are McAfee Total Protection. Emails and News
    > reader are OK. But I have serious problems with both MS IE and
    > Firefox browsers.
    >
    > Yesterday my computer was fine. But today suddenly I cannot access
    > to many web sites such as answers.yahoo.com, finance.yahoo.com,
    > sports.yahoo.com and most Microsoft sites including the crucial
    > windowsupdate.microsoft.com. (Starting main pages from Yahoo and
    > Microsoft are fine. Just subdirectories or links on the main pages
    > are bad.) For those sites I can still access, the browser could
    > keep waiting for some small parts (most ads) to load, but I can
    > see most part of the pages.

    Google about optimal MTU settings for DSL - in particular on your router.
    Using the default of 1500 may lead to packet fragmentation issues and
    problems getting *some* webpages.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Feb 15, 2009