Re: How to reset router Admin password on Gigafast WF719-CAPR ?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Sooner Al [MVP], Aug 21, 2008.

  1. On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 04:45:53 +0000, Pauline wrote:

    > Joan Archer wrote:
    > : Have you looked online for the manufacturer of this router to see if :
    > they have any instructions about it. ?
    >
    > Yes, the telephone number no longer works. The website is really bad.
    > No support whatsoever.
    >
    > smlunatick wrote:
    > : Reset button is used to reset the router back to factory defaults, :
    > including the default password. There is usually a process to use the :
    > reset (ie: press the reset button before powering on the router.) :
    > : Locate the router's manual, if possible. It should list the default :
    > password.
    > :
    > : PS: The reset button is also a "hard reset."
    >
    > Not for this one! The manual just says to press reset button.
    >
    > I have Googled this wireless router. Others have reported that the reset
    > button does NOT reset the admin password. One nut poster justified
    > this router's inability to reset the router's password.
    >
    > I have tried different combinations including holding the reset buttons
    > for 10+ seconds while powering up. This one is a real devil. I don't
    > know why Gigafast made it this difficult. These aren't commerical
    > wireless routers. But, they are real cheap wireless routers. The only
    > other alternative will be to throw it away and buy a new one from
    > another manufacturer.

    I just did a Google search also and one thread mentioned holding in the
    reset button while removing power and subsequently powering back on the
    device. It might work...or it might not...

    There is also this...

    Have you tried email tech support?

    Good luck...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
    Sooner Al [MVP], Aug 21, 2008

  2. Sooner Al [MVP]

    Pauline Guest

    Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
    : :
    : I just did a Google search also and one thread mentioned holding in
    : the reset button while removing power and subsequently powering back
    : on the device. It might work...or it might not...

    Thanks. I saw that thread too. It didn't work so I thought I would post
    here.
    :
    : There is also this...
    :
    : http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,18508694

    I will try that link.
    :
    : Have you tried email tech support?
    :
    :

    Yes, email address is invalid/dead. Go figure.
    Pauline, Aug 21, 2008