Re: How to REMOVE windows messenger ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    NZed allegedly said:

    > I have tried to delete anoying Microsofts Messenger !
    > I thought I had deleted it but its still there.
    >
    > Suggestions ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > NZed

    Format hard drives...

    Install Linux.

    Works EVERY time.
    steve, Sep 2, 2003

  2. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    "steve" wrote
    > Format hard drives...
    > Install Linux.
    > Works EVERY time.

    I did what you said and now I cant get any of my data, where did it go?
    T.N.O., Sep 2, 2003

  3. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    > >> Format hard drives...
    > >> Install Linux.
    > >> Works EVERY time.

    > >I did what you said and now I cant get any of my data, where did it go?

    > onto your backup tapes of course :) :)

    Im a home user, I dont have backup tapes, this Linux moron gave me advice,
    and now I have no data...
    T.N.O., Sep 3, 2003
  4. In article <bj3be7$f1db3$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    >> :) ... sounds like you need to put your computer in a box and return it :)

    >:)
    >
    >Are you saying that joe bloggs average shouldnt have a PC?

    Joe bloggs stupid sure shouldn't.
    eg .. what I thought was an apochraphal (sp?) story of the person complaining
    that their drinks tray was broken I know to be true ... after chatting to
    someone that took such a call ! Likewise trying to get the computer to go
    during a power cut !

    You've gotta have some basic idea of what you are doing, surely ?:)

    Bruce

    Oook !
    NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !
    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 3, 2003
  5. In article <>, "Uncle StoatWarbler" <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:08:24 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:
    >

    >> Are you saying that joe bloggs average shouldnt have a PC?

    >Joe Bloggs average should stick with his Playstation/2
    >
    >And if he wants a "kompoota", he should buy a macintosh, they're
    >idiotproof.

    I think you'll find that joe bloggs stupid will breed a better idiot :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 3, 2003
  6. steve

    T.N.O., Sep 3, 2003
  7. In article <bj3etc$eudks$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" wrote
    >> Joe bloggs stupid sure shouldn't.

    >heh...
    >> eg .. what I thought was an apochraphal (sp?) story of the person

    >complaining
    >> that their drinks tray was broken I know to be true ... after chatting to
    >> someone that took such a call !

    >Hey, my sister was one of those poor unfortunate users who didn't have a
    >clue... most of it is a training issue(although Im sure she was dropped as a
    >baby)

    Siblings often are i reckon ... always the other one too :)

    >> Likewise trying to get the computer to go
    >> during a power cut !

    >Brother in law has done that, although not totally his fault, he did have a
    >UPS, so his monitor was working.

    I can remember trying to get the CD player (then the vacuum cleaner) going.
    Power was on ... but seemed kind of "sluggish". When I called the power
    company they said something like ... "god ... I wouldn't turn anything on in
    that area if I were you". Apparently there were very few volts at the time ...
    enuff to run lights ... but that was about it :)

    >> You've gotta have some basic idea of what you are doing, surely ?:)

    >PC/Internet drivers licience... we dont let people drive cars without
    >them... why is a PC any different.

    Quite. Except many would fail :)

    >And yes I do realise that drivers in NZ suck.

    ... I was thinking that this wasn't a good analogy :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 3, 2003
  8. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Uncle StoatWarbler" wrote
    > Joe Bloggs average should stick with his Playstation/2

    you know I never realised that Roger and Alan were one and the same...

    > And if he wants a "kompoota", he should buy a macintosh, they're
    > idiotproof.

    True...
    T.N.O., Sep 3, 2003
  9. On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:54:53 GMT, z
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >In article <>, "Uncle StoatWarbler" <> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:08:24 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:
    >>

    >>> Are you saying that joe bloggs average shouldnt have a PC?

    >>Joe Bloggs average should stick with his Playstation/2
    >>
    >>And if he wants a "kompoota", he should buy a macintosh, they're
    >>idiotproof.

    >I think you'll find that joe bloggs stupid will breed a better idiot :)
    >
    >Bruce

    But this news group is full of them..?

    Robert Kramer, Sep 3, 2003
  10. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" wrote

    T.N.O., Sep 3, 2003

    --
    There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
    2: Fraud
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 3, 2003
  12. steve

    Max Burke Guest

    > Uncle StoatWarbler scribbled:
    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:08:24 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:
    >> Are you saying that joe bloggs average shouldnt have a PC?

    > Joe Bloggs average should stick with his Playstation/2

    > And if he wants a "kompoota", he should buy a macintosh, they're
    > idiotproof.

    So what you're saying here is that Apple Macintosh computers are for
    idiots? ;-)

    --
    mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
    See Found Images at: