Re: how to plug a mac into a windows network?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bob McLellan, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. Bob McLellan

    Bob McLellan Guest

    I guess if you used 192.168.o.1 then it would be difficult. Seriously,
    SMB connections need extra software in the Mac (allowing for OS up to 9
    or for OS X) but TCPIP connections should be fine. I just configured the
    TCPIP address on mine and it was in.

    Bob McLellan, Sep 27, 2003

  2. On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:46:48 +0100, Bob McLellan wrote:

    > I guess if you used 192.168.o.1 then it would be difficult. Seriously,
    > SMB connections need extra software in the Mac

    It appears to be built into os/x, but I'd be really interested in finding
    this for the earlier NacOS versions.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 28, 2003