Re: How to make laptop key harder to push

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ofnuts, Jul 22, 2008.

  1. Ofnuts

    Ofnuts Guest

    Hamish wrote:
    > I have one of those mini laptops, with the shrunken keyboard (a total of
    > 9" across). I am trying to touch type on it, but the little finger on
    > my left hand keeps hitting the caps lock button. The button requires
    > very little pressure, so I am constantly going into all caps. How can I
    > make the key harder to push down. I am pretty adept mechanically, so
    > almost anything goes - if it makes sense.

    Glue. But you can also find software which disables Capslock

    Ofnuts, Jul 22, 2008

  2. "Ofnuts" <> wrote in message
    > Hamish wrote:
    >> I have one of those mini laptops, with the shrunken keyboard (a total of
    >> 9" across). I am trying to touch type on it, but the little finger on my
    >> left hand keeps hitting the caps lock button. The button requires very
    >> little pressure, so I am constantly going into all caps. How can I make
    >> the key harder to push down. I am pretty adept mechanically, so almost
    >> anything goes - if it makes sense.

    > Glue. But you can also find software which disables Capslock

    I agree. Well, not with the glue part ...

    One is not going to change the pressure needed to press a key, but you can
    load software that makes a feature, such as CAP LOCK a two-key operation
    instead of a single key.

    My guess is the real culprit is your massive ape-like hands and the tiny key
    board are ganging up on you.

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 22, 2008