Re: How to look like a geek while shooting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kevin McMurtrie, Jan 14, 2011.

  1. In article <>,
    Rich <> wrote:

    > Unless of course it's for videography. Then no one bothers to notice you
    > look like an oddball while shooting. :)
    >
    > http://dpreview.com/news/1101/11011305sonyclmv55monitor.asp

    It's a good chunk of angular mass to steady the lens, at least in the
    up/down direction :)
    --
    I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jan 14, 2011

  2. Kevin McMurtrie

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <4d2ff31c$0$22110$>,
    says...

    > In article <>,
    > Rich <> wrote:
    >
    > > Unless of course it's for videography. Then no one bothers to notice you
    > > look like an oddball while shooting. :)
    > >
    > > http://dpreview.com/news/1101/11011305sonyclmv55monitor.asp

    > It's a good chunk of angular mass to steady the lens, at least in the
    > up/down direction :)

    Makes it _much_ easier to use a Steadicam, especially the homebrew
    clones that don't come with a monitor.

    J. Clarke, Jan 14, 2011

  3. Kevin McMurtrie

    Rich Guest

    On Jan 14, 1:54 am, Kevin McMurtrie <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    >  Rich <> wrote:
    > > Unless of course it's for videography.  Then no one bothers to notice you
    > > look like an oddball while shooting.  :)

    > >http://dpreview.com/news/1101/11011305sonyclmv55monitor.asp

    > It's a good chunk of angular mass to steady the lens, at least in the
    > up/down direction :)
    > --
    > I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam

    I did some experiments on that. Up to a point, weight added does
    damp-out higher-frequency vibrations, but after adding too much, it
    will induce vibrations in your arms. There's a fine line and it's
    different for everyone.

    Rich, Jan 14, 2011