Re: How to keep a HD awake?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Holmes, Jan 25, 2009.

  1. John Holmes

    John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a 500gb Seagate drive which has power settings that don't seem
    > to be influenced by Vista. After a few minutes of inactivity, the
    > drive goes to sleep, and while it might help stop global warming, I am
    > finding it extremely annoying having to keep waiting for the drive to
    > spin up.
    >
    > Is there any way I can keep the drive active so that it doesn't drop
    > off to sleep?

    http://jopinxt.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wekker.jpg

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 25, 2009

  2. John Holmes

    John Holmes Guest

    §ñühw¤£f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<>:
    >
    >> "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I have a 500gb Seagate drive which has power settings that don't

    > seem
    >>> to be influenced by Vista. After a few minutes of inactivity, the
    >>> drive goes to sleep, and while it might help stop global warming, I

    > am
    >>> finding it extremely annoying having to keep waiting for the drive

    >>> spin up.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way I can keep the drive active so that it doesn't drop
    >>> off to sleep?

    >>http://jopinxt.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wekker.jpg
    >>
    >>HTH
    >>

    > This ones better:
    > http://us-
    > p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Furgeta/joltie_foursome_2009_by_furgeta_ink_de
    > sk.jpg

    Yes, that definately will keep a hard drive alive.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 25, 2009

  3. John Holmes wrote:
    > §ñühw¤£f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes <> pinched out a steaming pile
    >> of<>:
    >>
    >>> "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> seem

    >> am

    >>> http://jopinxt.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wekker.jpg
    >>>
    >>> HTH
    >>>

    >> This ones better:
    >> http://us-
    >> p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Furgeta/joltie_foursome_2009_by_furgeta_ink_de
    >> sk.jpg
    >>

    > Yes, that definately will keep a hard drive alive.

    This ones for *all* the kiwis...

    http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Bucky-Boy/Naughty Bits 09/bky_ewe_got.gif

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 25, 2009
  4. John Holmes

    John Holmes Guest

    §ñühw¤£f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> §ñühw¤£f "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> John Holmes <> pinched out a steaming pile

    >>> seem
    >>> am

    >>> This ones better:
    >>> http://us-
    >>> p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Furgeta/joltie_foursome_2009_by_furgeta_ink_
    >>> de sk.jpg
    >>>

    >> Yes, that definately will keep a hard drive alive.
    >>

    > This ones for *all* the kiwis...
    >
    > http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Bucky-Boy/Naughty Bits 09/bky_ew
    > e_got.gif

    Damn. Just now I realize what Bucky Breeder's nick means. He must have
    visited www.adultsheepfinder.com frequently, he?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 25, 2009