Re: How to keep a HD awake?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bert Hyman, Jan 24, 2009.

  1. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:
    ersity wrote:

    > I have a 500gb Seagate drive which has power settings that don't seem
    > to be influenced by Vista. After a few minutes of inactivity, the
    > drive goes to sleep, and while it might help stop global warming, I am
    > finding it extremely annoying having to keep waiting for the drive to
    > spin up.
    >
    > Is there any way I can keep the drive active so that it doesn't drop
    > off to sleep?

    You say that the drive's own power settings are ignored by Vista; is it
    possible that it's Vista's power settings that are shutting down the
    drive?

    XP's power settings have the option of shutting down the disks after
    some period of time; I'd think Vista would have something similar.

    Never having even seen a Vista system, I have no way of knowing.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 24, 2009

  2. Bert Hyman

    John Holmes Guest

    Bert Hyman "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Never having even seen a Vista system, I have no way of knowing.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 25, 2009