Re: How to get the media involved?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:30:42 GMT, in
    <CwT0b.2114$>
    Brian scrawled:

    >Two stop signs were placed here illagitametley

    illagitametley (sic)? By whom?

    >a few years back and not many people like nor want them.

    Is there any particular reason for this?

    >We feel there is no need for these signs at their location.

    Again, why? If they were placed there by the town council/authority,
    there must be a good reason for them.

    >I've been working for months; researching, petitioning, protesting
    >and pickiting.. I got over 110 neighbors to sign my petition for the signs
    >removal, yet the town board refuses to do a single thing but brush me off at
    >the meetings.

    Perhaps you don't have a case.

    >I am looking to get the local media involved a bit. I am a kid at age 19,

    Is this all about allowing you to zoom about on your new bike, without
    the bother of a stop sign?

    >and I know media is always featuring/looking to show kids in the
    >community involved in big community projects such as this,

    "Big community project"? To remove a stop sign? I don't think so.

    >since it's a rare occurance. I think it would be a big help if I could get
    >on the local paper, maybe the news, about the ordeal,

    Ordeal?

    >and get my message out there alot more

    I think you need to decide *if* you actually have a message.

    >and put pressure on the situation. My question is this: How do I go
    >about possibly getting the media (newspaper/local news stations)
    >involved to get me a little coverage.

    That's simple. Come up with something that's newsworthy.

    >Who ever said one person can't make a difference?

    What "difference" will removing this stop sign make?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003