Re: How to get the media involved?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian continued:

    > Two stop signs were placed here illagitametley a few years back and
    > not many people like nor want them. We feel there is no need for
    > these signs at their location. I've been working for months;
    > researching, petitioning, protesting and pickiting.. I got over 110
    > neighbors to sign my petition for the signs removal, yet the town
    > board refuses to do a single thing but brush me off at the meetings.
    >
    > I am looking to get the local media involved a bit. I am a kid at age
    > 19, and I know media is always featuring/looking to show kids in the
    > community involved in big community projects such as this, since it's
    > a rare occurance. I think it would be a big help if I could get on
    > the local paper, maybe the news, about the ordeal, and get my message
    > out there alot more and put pressure on the situation. My question is
    > this: How do I go about possibly getting the media (newspaper/local
    > news stations) involved to get me a little coverage.
    >
    > Who ever said one person can't make a difference?

    Get a couple of hunting rifles, some chain, a lighter and several gallons of
    petrol. Soak yourself in the petrol, chain yourself to the sign and start
    taking pot-shots at anything that moves. When the police arrive, light
    yourself, and I guarantee the media will be there pretty bloody quickly.
    That'll make them sit up and take note, I can tell you.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003