Re: How to get an "old fashioned" look?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:15:22 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-06-11 19:33:02 -0700, Jennifer Murphy <> said:
    >
    >> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:00:24 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> While taking photos at wedding, I just happened to catch my daughter
    >>> in a pose that looks like something out of the 1800s. My mom just
    >>> loves it. I'd like to have it "finished" to look like it was taken 100
    >>> years ago (or whenever old photos were taken).
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me with where to go and what to ask for?
    >>>
    >>> It's a digital photo taken with a Sony CyberShot DSC-W150. Yes, it's a
    >>> P&S. But I figure that the slightly lower quality resolution won't be
    >>> a problem for what I am trying to do.
    >>>
    >>> The file is 2.7 MB.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a place that will print a digital photo on a tintype?
    >>>
    >>> Any help is appreciated.

    >> I want to thank everyone who contributed suggestions and pointers. I
    >> was able to create several sepia-toned versions of my photos. I think
    >> I'll hire a pro to do it and see what the difference is.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Before you do that, and if you feel comfortable enough, I am prepared
    >to show you what can be done with the tools at my disposal.
    >
    >If you contact me via email at and attach a copy of
    >your original JPEG file, I will return several aged/antiqued variations
    >to you via email at no charge.

    Hey, Duck...the lady has already said that she's leery of releasing a
    photograph of a family member to some internet stranger. And you
    expect her to trust a duck with anger issues?

    Where *did* you come up with that nom de net, anyway?

    She doesn't know that you are a retired police lieutenant with
    impeccable credentials.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 12, 2011

  2. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:31:57 -0700, "Frank S" <>
    wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:15:22 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>>Before you do that, and if you feel comfortable enough, I am prepared
    >>>to show you what can be done with the tools at my disposal.
    >>>
    >>>If you contact me via email at and attach a copy of
    >>>your original JPEG file, I will return several aged/antiqued variations
    >>>to you via email at no charge.

    >> Hey, Duck...the lady has already said that she's leery of releasing a
    >> photograph of a family member to some internet stranger. And you
    >> expect her to trust a duck with anger issues?
    >>
    >> Where *did* you come up with that nom de net, anyway?
    >>
    >> She doesn't know that you are a retired police lieutenant with
    >> impeccable credentials.

    >Neither do you, I bet...

    Well, it's not like he's claiming to be a soon-to-be-retired US
    Representative with a Twitter account.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 12, 2011

  3. tony cooper

    Irwell Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:26:02 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:15:22 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2011-06-11 19:33:02 -0700, Jennifer Murphy <> said:

    >>> I want to thank everyone who contributed suggestions and pointers. I
    >>> was able to create several sepia-toned versions of my photos. I think
    >>> I'll hire a pro to do it and see what the difference is.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>Before you do that, and if you feel comfortable enough, I am prepared
    >>to show you what can be done with the tools at my disposal.
    >>
    >>If you contact me via email at and attach a copy of
    >>your original JPEG file, I will return several aged/antiqued variations
    >>to you via email at no charge.

    > Hey, Duck...the lady has already said that she's leery of releasing a
    > photograph of a family member to some internet stranger. And you
    > expect her to trust a duck with anger issues?
    >
    > Where *did* you come up with that nom de net, anyway?

    "It's a mistake, I'm a Drake"
    Punch line to some old forgotten joke.

    Irwell, Jun 12, 2011