Re: How to get an "old fashioned" look?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John McWilliams, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. On 6/11/11 PDT 8:15 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-06-11 19:33:02 -0700, Jennifer Murphy <>
    >>
    >> I want to thank everyone who contributed suggestions and pointers. I
    >> was able to create several sepia-toned versions of my photos. I think
    >> I'll hire a pro to do it and see what the difference is.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Before you do that, and if you feel comfortable enough, I am prepared to
    > show you what can be done with the tools at my disposal.
    >
    > If you contact me via email at and attach a copy of
    > your original JPEG file, I will return several aged/antiqued variations
    > to you via email at no charge.

    Jennifer-

    I am not sure if you saw my e-mail of recommendations, but this
    gentleman is certainly on it.

    Best of luck.

    John McWilliams, Jun 12, 2011

  2. Sorry for not sending that by email (for obvious reasons).

    Jennifer Murphy <> wrote:

    > Sorry about that. I used to use a real email address and I got too
    > much bad stuff.

    It would be kind to use a clearly invalid email address then.
    The .invalid domain has been officially reserved for such
    things, so you could use e.g.
    JenMurphy@invalid
    or d
    and you'd confuse noone (and don't cause spam and misdirected
    mails to be sent to the domain of Geo Space Technologies (or do you
    have permission to use <>?) The postmaster
    there might not like that.).

    An alternative might be to use a sneakemail address, where you can
    generate, greylist, block and delete as many email addresses as you like,
    and have mails forwarded to your real account.
    It does cost $2 per month, however.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 16, 2011

  3. Jennifer Murphy <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:53:07 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg

    >>It would be kind to use a clearly invalid email address then.
    >>The .invalid domain has been officially reserved for such

    > Sorry about that. I didn't know about the .invalid domain.

    That's why I told you. :)

    > How's this?

    Much better.

    -Wolfgang