Re: How to get a faster comp for audio editing ?????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thanatoid, Oct 21, 2010.

  1. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    Don Ward <> wrote in

    > Im running a Pent4/2.4ghz, 2gigs of ram. Win xp pro
    > Some of the programs for equalization, pitch shifting take
    > can take 5-10 min for large files.

    1. Define "large files", please.

    2. What software are you using? Name, manufacturer and approx.
    release date.

    3. What format are you working in? WAV, or something else -
    which needs to be constantly converted back and forth?

    4. How much of the useless bloat WinXP (and up) insists on
    running out of the box do you have turned off when you work with
    audio?

    5. Are you running other programs at the same time?

    <snip>

    --
    "Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
    - 21st Century Humanoid
    thanatoid, Oct 21, 2010