Re: How to get a faster comp for audio editing ?????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Oct 21, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Don Ward wrote:

    >>> Some of the programs for equalization, pitch shifting take can take
    >>> 5-10 min for large files.
    >>> I want to build/buy more speed, what is best way to double processing
    >>> speed ? that is cut processing time in half.

    > All the programs i have run on XP

    What programs are we talking about?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 21, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    >> All the programs i have run on XP

    > What programs are we talking about?

    Here's an article^1 with a table comparing and contrasting the digital
    audio editing programs for windows 37, mac 16, linux 18, showing 8 which
    have apps for both win and linux and also showing which ware is freeware.

    I think if I were doing that kind of work and also considering buying
    another computer with more muscle, I would setup a dedicated machine to
    be running the editing and use a KVM so that I could flip back and forth
    between the machine running the editing and whatever else I was doing.

    ^1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_editing Digital audio editor

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 21, 2010