Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 16, 2008.

  1. Public IP? If so go to http://www.whatismyip.com from a PC on the LAN.

    Otherwise Lem's advice works to get the LAN IP of the router...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 16, 2008

  2. Sooner Al [MVP]

    AJ Guest

    If your computers in the network are not connected to the wireless router you
    cant the ip address of the router, the only way is connect one of your laptop
    or desktop diectly to the wireless router using cat5 and if the ip setting in
    the router is set to dhcp you can get the routers ip address which is your
    default gateway, and if the dhcp is diasabled you will not get the ip and
    gateway to your computer, in that case you need to reset your wireless router
    and for most of the linksys routers the ip is 192.168.1.1.

    AJ...

    AJ, Jun 17, 2008